Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

setting amplifier setting

Vijay_O_
Beginner

Is there any way to increase the data size limit for Parallel amplifier because I frequently hit this limit when running this with we code in debug mode? If so is this feature avialible on the evauation version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Vijay Oza

Is there any way to increase the data size limit for Parallel amplifier because I frequently hit this limit when running this with we code in debug mode? If so is this feature avialible on the evauation version?

Hi,

Parallel Amplifier doesn't provide feature like as "Threshold Value" (record info of one event below threshold, or say "the data size") from Intel Thread Profiler.

However the user can use "Start data collection paused". Thus, the user can pause data collection during non-interest of code, use "Resume Analysis" to collect data.

Is it helpful?

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Vijay Oza

Hi,

Parallel Amplifier doesn't provide feature like as "Threshold Value" (record info of one event below threshold, or say "the data size") from Intel Thread Profiler.

However the user can use "Start data collection paused". Thus, the user can pause data collection during non-interest of code, use "Resume Analysis" to collect data.

Is it helpful?

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting Vijay Oza

You can change the limit of size of row data collection by setting the option: Menu Options -> Intel Parallel Amplifier -> Collection -> Limit maximum size ...to. By default it's set up to 10MB per result. If you analyze highly threaded application or long running application, you might want to increase that number.

The drawback is that the results analysis might take a bit much longer time.

0 Kudos