Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

sometimes can not AcquireFrame after update local face recognition database

jinjun_k_
Beginner

I have spent many days trying to solve this problem. Now I suspect this is a bug of latest SDK(R4).

below is how I create the C # project..

(1) create a session

(2) create a senseManager

(3) enable faceModual

(4) create faceTracking config

(5) create faceRecognition config

(6) upload a pre-created face recognition database from local disk

(7) config.applychanges()

(8) do faceRecognition

in step (8), at most times, the program works fine. However, there is a chance that AcquireFrame will return "PXCM_STATUS_INIT_FAILED", and then all procedure crashes. The odds of this problem is about 5%, that means if I run 20 times, there must be 1 time the program can not acquire frame.

I have tried all methods that I can think of, such as dispose session, or re-initialize senseManger...but the problem still not going anywhere...

Even worse, I have tried first regist my self and then upload another person's face database, it seems that odds of crash almost increases to 1/5!

I am trying to build an commercial application, please help me if there is anyone knows how to get it work.

Best regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
4 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Can you try calling AcquireFrame again until it returns no error? There's no point continuing the pipeline if you don't have an image...

0 Kudos
jinjun_k_
Beginner

samontab wrote:

Can you try calling AcquireFrame again until it returns no error? There's no point continuing the pipeline if you don't have an image...

Thanks samontab!

But it is not working. After that, call acquireFrame will always return init wrong... I will try to simplify my codes and upload later.

Bests,

Jack

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Then try reinitializing the camera, or the streams, or the manager.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Please create a short app that reproduces the scenario and attach to the message so we can check. Thanks.

0 Kudos