Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

sssd instead of ldap

Jan_N_
Beginner
Hi all, I would like to ask if there is a way to use sssd i stead of ldap for user authentication to mic? Thank you very much Jan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

as far as I can tell the sssd code has not been ported to the Phi (yet), so the short answer is no.

The long answer is: sure, if you're willing to port sssd and all client stuff to the Phi

0 Kudos
Jan_N_
Beginner

What does it mean? Recompile all needed source rpms? Is there any nice howto or documentation or so? (could not find anything that could help me)

0 Kudos
JJK
New Contributor III

Yes , you'd need to recompile it from source, including all dependencies. And especially with a package like sssd the list of dependencies is lengthy, so you're in for a log, slow and painful process. At first glance I saw that sssd requires

• popt
  • talloc
  • glib2

and quite a few more, most of which are not available for the Xeon Phi (so you'd need to rebuild those as well)

I have not found any guides on building RPMs for the Xeon Phi, but I'd expect it to be very similar to building RPMs for other OSes (such as Redhat EL 6/7 or CentOS 6/7) , as the Xeon Phi setup is very similar to a RHEL distro.

0 Kudos