Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

what is the difference between fourth gen. i7 and extreme edition ? help

Sharif_A_
Beginner

Dear Sir
I am Sharif AL-Hamidi , I am a film maker and also I get used to edit my movies
in addition to that I work as a graphic designer.  I need to buy a new Desktop PC to be suitable for
my job, but i read a lot of things in your website about the fourth generation of core i7 CPU's
Could they be enough and suitable  for my work and multitasking jobs because while I am editing also I work with graphic design at the same time

Does they better than the extreme edition or not although they are released after the extreme edition?

or do you advise me to have a workstation ?
thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

This subject is not one which could be dealt with well on this forum.  If you could find a forum more appropriate to your proposed usage, you might get opinions you would find more interesting.  I suspect the combination of suitable graphics peripherals and OS is more relevant to you requirements than relevance to gaming, unless you have mis-characterized your interests. None of these are relevant to this forum.

As you can see from the ads and references to ark.intel.com , "extreme edition" CPUs are available from both 1st and 2nd generation core I7 CPU families, so "the extreme edition" is insufficiently specific.  Like the current core I7-4 CPUs, those were marketed primarily to gamers.  If your goal is to have the latest,  I7-4 is it.

The line between desktop and workstation is blurred.  It's possible any of these CPUs could satisfy your needs.

0 Kudos