Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

windows 10 build 14257 disables Front Facing Camera

DKryd
Beginner
The front-facing camera is unusable on PCs with Intel RealSense resulting in being unable to use Windows Hello or any other apps that utilize the front-facing camera.

this from the known issues from the latest build of windows 10 [14257]

if you are on ring of insider and have an front facing [F200] you might want to pass this build. The R200 is ok on my machine.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue.Since Microsoft already knew this issue in this preview release, hopefully they will fix this issue in its official release. 

0 Kudos
DKryd
Beginner

my R200 was failing to start several times, i went back to the prior build. it now has worked so far.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

The R200 can't be installed at all on this build.

It's detected in Device Manager, showing all the components under Sound, Video and Game Controllers (Microsoft drivers), but when I run the latest DCM - intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.1.24.6664 - it returns the following error: "This installer is not designed to update Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager on this system. The installation was terminated. Please contact your system administrator for help.".

Of course, with the Windows drivers, it's useless and the SDK binaries can't detect it.

0 Kudos