Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Install failure due to 'The older version of Inter(R) Software cannot be removed.'

Luyan_Y_
Beginner

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Cluster Edition for Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
  Windows Installer failed to configure product:
    Error message: The older version of Intel(R) Software Manager cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.   
    Error code: 1603
    File name: ism.msi

Installer logs location: C:\Users\luyan\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_luyan\2016.01.20_19.02.46_000012b8\log\

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Luyan_Y_
Beginner

And I don't know how to mannully uninstall Intel Software Manager.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

I am looking into your issue.  The Intel Software Manager cannot be manually uninstalled in Windows - it is automatically uninstalled when the products which use it are uninstalled.  Can you send me the installer logs in a private message?  Also, were you using the online or offline installer?

Thank you,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Luyan_Y_
Beginner

I have sent the log, haven't I?

0 Kudos
Luyan_Y_
Beginner

There are lots of logs and I attach the biggest.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Thank you.  I've removed the logs from your post and will pass them on to the developers.  Do you have older versions of the Intel developer tools installed? 

0 Kudos
Luyan_Y_
Beginner

As I can recall, there isn't. In the attachment I give a picture of all the Intel things I installed.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

The workaround for this problem is to remove the Intel Software Manager components after verifying that there are no currently installed products using it.  The cause was probably an incomplete uninstall of an older version of ISM that the installer could not update.  I will close this thread - please create a new thread if you have a similar problem. 

0 Kudos