Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

24 NVMe setup RAID10 by vROC

ellxxx
Beginner

hi, I'd like some guidance creating a VROC enabled raid10 array that doesn't need to be bootable. 2m.2 ssd RAID1 for OS; Specs: CPU: intel xeon silver Gen2,Chipset c624; Drives:24* intel 8TB P4510 NVMe SSD; OS:centos 7 I found that vROC only support 4 SSD per RAID10 array,I wanna know if vROC support to set up multiple arrays for this server configuration .if i've had standard license for vROC,the best configuration way to achieve good performance is to set up 6 RAID10 array ? I know centOS is not on the supported list,whether it will be a big problem to run vROC? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, ellxxx,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). If we inferred correctly, please review the following information:

1- We will like to know the model and manufacturer of the system (motherboard) you are using for this configuration.

2- You are correct. The best way to configure the RAID 10 will be to Set-up 6 RAID arrays. We advise you to confirm with your system OEM (original equipment manufacturer) if your system supports this configuration.

3- CentOS is not a supported OS (operating system).

Based on the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU User Guide article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030445/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html

The Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Supported Configurations article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html

Some Linux distributions may need drivers from the system manufacturer to get the advantage of VROC. We advise you to contact your OEM.

We hope you find this information helpful.

We will follow up with you again the next Wednesday, the 13th of January 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, ellxxx,

Greetings from Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC). We would like to know if you checked our previous post and if you need further assistance.

We will follow up with you again the next Friday, the 15th of January 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, ellxxx,

Greetings from Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC).

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we are going to close this community thread.

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Jos B.

0 Kudos