I have some questions about Intel Optane SSD 900p series and Intel Optane SSD P4800X series.
1. Did 900p series have same iMDT function as P4800X series?
2. The iMDT can use under Windows OS?
3. Did iMDT must need pay for licenses or you can provide trial version?
4.If our system memory size is attain CPU can allow maximum, than we still can use Optane SSD regard as memory for our use?
Thank you for contacting the Intel® Memory Drive™ Technology SW for Intel® Optane™ support
In regards to your questions:
- Currently Intel Memory Drive Technology is bundled with certified Intel NVMe (Intel P4800x)SSDs and is not offered separately. The Intel Memory Drive Technology license is per-SSD-device. There is a matching Memory Drive part number for each certified model of Intel NVMe SSD.
- No, Intel Memory Drive Technology supports Linux x86_64, kernels 2.6.32 or newer.
- There is no trial version of Intel IMDT since as we explained the software is bundled with a certified Intel NVMe SSD check answer 1
- Intel Memory Drive Technology would select 349GB capacity by default. A user will have an option to select memory between 4GB to 384GB.