Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Hello There, Intel Accelerated Storage Manager cannot be found. I installed the latest driver provided by Asus for this mother Board: X299-A. Still I am getting the same problem. Appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks, Doron

DF1
Beginner

The description for Event ID 257 from source Intel Accelerated Storage Manager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Configuration warning: No users and groups in rste scope section. Access token will be unavailable.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is you hardware configuration? • What is the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) installed on your system? • What is the operating system running on your configuration? • Can you attach a picture of the error message reported on the system? • Share with us the Intel® RST system report. Please follow the instructions below: 1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology). 2. Click the Help icon. 3. Click the System Report icon. 4. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I am using I9 CPU and 32 GB of memory. MB is from asus and model number is: X299-A. Using SSD drives from Samsung and 1TB each.
  2. Using Intel Rapid Technology V. 16.7.0.1009
  3. Using Win 10 Professional 64 bits.
  4. I would rather send you the reports via email. If possible.

Thanks,

Doron

0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 Thank you for the information In this case, the Intel® Accelerated Storage Manager is the old software for the Intel® Smart Response. Please bear in mind the latest Intel® Rapid Storage does not have this feature; the latest Smart response software is available on Intel® Rapid Storage version 15.9. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hello Leonardo ,

I can still email you the reports I created if need be.

But the version that I have is 16..7.0.1009

and please see image below.

OK I see this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Is that the correct link? (which should be downloaded?)

It says the file is from: Date: 11/14/2017 and it is called SetupRST.exe.

Please clarify the above.

Thanks,

Doron

0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hello again,

I also get this info as shown in the below image.

I tried to un install the Intel Rapied Storage Technology enterprise and still see this folder with all files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology enterprise

Under the Un Install the Turbo program is not there.

There is another folder see as this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components

Can you provide steps how to resolve the above?

Thanks,

Doron

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 Thank you for the information In order to complete the installation of Intel® RST on the system you have to make sure that the hardware (Intel® chipset) and software (operating system) are compatible with the Intel® RST version that you are installing for that you can refer to the release notes on the download link for each version. In this case if you need to use Intel® smart response you have to install Intel® RST version 15.9.0.1015 or a lower version m(make sure that these version are compatible with your system). Reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hello,

I will check it out and let you know.

Thanks,

Doron

0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

In this point I installed the chip-set of this version: Version 1828.12.0.1152 2018/12/24 and they provided this version:

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V16.7.0.1009

Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver V16.7.7.1023

For this mother board:  Prime X299-A and made by Asus.

So what they provided for the MB does not match?

Regards,

Doron

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 Thank you for the information. the Intel® RST version 16.7.0.1009 provided by the motherboard Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) seems to be a customized version, this could be the reason why that version does not much the available version of Intel® RST on Intel® download center (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-); if the version provided by the OEM is causing errors on the system i would recommend contacting them to report the issue (https://www.asus.com/support/). As mentioned previously if you are looking for Intel smart response need to install Intel® RST version 15.9.0.1015 or a lower version m(make sure that these version are compatible with your system). Reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello DF1 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos