Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

Beavel
Beginner

I've got a Dell XPS 9570 and I am getting the Intel Optane memory pinning. I've tried following the support steps here and here, but the first step of running repair fails. It is looking for the installer, but it was installed from a temp path, which has since cleaned out.

I'm not sure how to proceed to fix this. The recommended step is to upgrade to 17.9.x I think, but Dell has only published the 17.8.x version on its drivers page. Not sure how to proceed or get rid of the error at this point. Is it safe to install the 17.9 version? I don't want to put myself in a worse position by installing the upgrade only to find out it isn't compatible.

-B

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Beavel.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding the Optane Pinning error message, I will be glad to assist you.

Just to confirm, do you have an Intel Optane Memory Module installed?

Also, did you try the second step where you uninstall the old pinning extension?

Please let me know if the error persists even after removing it.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Beavel.

This message is o follow up on your thread regarding the pinning error.

I would like to know if you tried what I shared in my previous post or something else and in case further assistance is required, please let me know.

The next follow up will be set for November 11th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Beavel.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket regarding the pinning error message to check if assistance is still required.

I previously tried to confirm if you have an Intel Optane Memory module installed and also if you tried to follow the second step in the guide on how to fix this error (by removing the pinning extension).

The thread will be closed since there has been no confirmation, if further assistance is still required, please open a new one as this thread will no longer be monitored, or contact us via one of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos