Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

My computer doesn't work because of the boot agent. It's turns on but stays on a black window telling me there is a error with the boot agent, this happened after restarting. Help please!!

ISánc
Beginner

Is a Toshiba Portege Z930

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello ISánc,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the picture you shared, it does not seem to be an Intel® SSD, if I am not mistaking, it appears to be a Toshiba* SSD, that could have come included with your PC since the moment you purchase it.

We advise you to contact Toshiba* to check if this drive is detected by the BIOS, and your PC can boot from it since the issue could be related to the hardware itself or the BIOS configuration.

We will be looking forward to your reply, in case you have any problem related to an Intel® product.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows problem.

Doc

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Ok, how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use BCDEDIT and fix the boot record. Like I said, this is a Windows issue. Contact Microsoft for information on how to do this.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Hold on - are you saying boot agent or boot manager?

Attach a photo of the screen.

Doc

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Ok, one sec

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

This is the problemWIN_20200604_15_00_28_Pro.jpg

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

My apologies. I had Boot manager in my mind.

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Ok @Al.Hill​. Thanks for all! Where I can found the Intel support engineer? He will come?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

They monitor these forums and will see your post.

Doc

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Ok, thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Now the logo stays at the front, when I turn it on it only appears the Toshiba's logo

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello ISánc,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We will appreciate it if you can let us know if you have an Intel® SSD installed in your system, and in case you do, please provide us with the model and the serial number of the SSD.

The issue you are experiencing could be related to your main storage device or your BIOS configuration, and in this case, our recommendation is to contact your PC manufacturer (Toshiba*) to get further assistance related to the storage device and the BIOS configuration.

We will be looking forward to your reply, and please, let us know if you have an Intel® SSD installed in your pc.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

This is the pictureIMG-20200603-WA0042.jpg

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello ISánc,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the picture you shared, it does not seem to be an Intel® SSD, if I am not mistaking, it appears to be a Toshiba* SSD, that could have come included with your PC since the moment you purchase it.

We advise you to contact Toshiba* to check if this drive is detected by the BIOS, and your PC can boot from it since the issue could be related to the hardware itself or the BIOS configuration.

We will be looking forward to your reply, in case you have any problem related to an Intel® product.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
ISánc
Beginner

Ok, thanks!

0 Kudos