Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
319 Discussions

VROC only show first device in Bifurcation Setup, but the other three as non RAID devices.

stvmyr
Beginner

Hi There!

I’ve just build a new System based on 3rd Gen Intel Scalable. 

I want to use a Delock 90077 (PCIe x16 to x4x4x4x4 Bifurcation Card) in combination with Intel DCP4510 in a VROC.

I configured the BIOS to enable VMD on the corresponding PCIe Slot, and set the PCIe Port to „x4x4x4x4“ in the IIO/CPU1 configuration.

After a restart the VROC Menu show only one Drive. The other three gets detected, an show up on the „Advanced“ Page in the BIOS. But there are not available in the VROC configuration menu.

All Drives show up in Windows, three as Normal PCIe Devices, one in the VROC Software.

What do I need to change, to get all four drives in VROC?

These Components are installed:

Intel XEON 5317

Supermicro X12SPi-TF

8x Samsung 2933MHz EEC 64GB per DIMM (512GB Total)

Delock 90077 Bifurcation Card

4x Intel DC P4510 4TB

INTEL VROCPREMOD

Thanks

Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, stvmyr.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding this particular VROC configuration, and I will be reviewing this with you.

There are no settings on the VROC side that are specific for this type of PCIe cards, and it is necessary to validate with the motherboard manufacturer and the manufacturer of the card if this type of configuration is supported and validated for VROC usage, and if they have validated it, request specific instructions from them.

Some systems will require you to enable VMD for each individual SSD connected to the card, while others may just require VMD to be enabled for the slot where the card is connected, but yet again, this goes beyond our scope of support as it depends on the system and card.

If we can help with anything else, please let me know, but if that is not the case, the thread will be closed on June 13th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, stvmyr.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding this particular VROC configuration, and I will be reviewing this with you.

There are no settings on the VROC side that are specific for this type of PCIe cards, and it is necessary to validate with the motherboard manufacturer and the manufacturer of the card if this type of configuration is supported and validated for VROC usage, and if they have validated it, request specific instructions from them.

Some systems will require you to enable VMD for each individual SSD connected to the card, while others may just require VMD to be enabled for the slot where the card is connected, but yet again, this goes beyond our scope of support as it depends on the system and card.

If we can help with anything else, please let me know, but if that is not the case, the thread will be closed on June 13th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, stvmyr.

This post is to inform you about the closure of this support thread.

I previously shared that it is necessary to validate with the motherboard manufacturer and the manufacturer of the card if this type of configuration is supported and validated for VROC usage, but there was no confirmation about further assistance being required or other questions.

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos