Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

raid 0 in asus rampage vi apex

idata
Employee

Hello, sorry for my English, I wanted to ask if you can create a raid 0 with two intel 760p 256gb in an asus rampage vi apex using the CPU_DIMM2 and if it can be bootable, also if you need the vroc key of intel to be able create the raid 0. I enclosed them caputras of the manual of the motherboard, it is not very clear

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello martinorta,

Thanks for contacting the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) support forum, in regards to your question the Intel® SSD 760p Series that you've mentioned are not supported for it's use on VROC RAID Arrays; in order to create a RAID Array with VROC you'll need to use one of our Intel® SSDs for Data Center and Professional, with NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express); you can take advantage of our Ark Website for information about our available series of SSDs here:

https://ark.intel.com/# @SolidStateDrives https://ark.intel.com/# @SolidStateDrives

Additionally, an Intel® VROC HW Key is required to use RAID 0/1/5/10 for most SSDs. However, Intel® VROC is also designed to provide RAID0 for Intel x8 SSDs without requiring HW key. For instance: Intel DC P3708. For any other regular x4 SSDs, without HW key, RAID0 MAY work. In short, an Intel VROC HW Key is required for official support for RAID0 with regular x4 SSDs.

The correct key to use with Intel® X299 Chipset based platforms it's the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU – Intel SSD Only (VROCISSDMOD).

In regards to the Support of Bootable VROC RAID Arrays, the Intel® X299 Chipset supports them, however this feature could vary depending on the OEM implementation of this technology; based on your Motherboard's manual, VROC Arrays couldn't be used as OS Drives, so the Bootable RAID feature isn't supported for this equipment. We strongly recommend you to contact your OEM for more information on the available features of VROC on this Motherboard.

We hope you find this information useful for your situation and please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello martinorta,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your question and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

Also, please remember that if you require more assistance, want to add additional details, or if all your questions have been solved you can also ask us to mark this question as solved; we'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, in the end I could not do raid 0 with vroc since I thought to use two intel 760p units, but since they do not work for that and I had to buy the vroc key, I bought the asus rampage vi apex because I thought you could do raid 0 without In short, I could not solve the problem, greetings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello martinorta,

Thanks for your reply and in regards to your situation in order to use Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) you'll need to buy the appropriate Key and Drives for your equipment, in the case of the specified ASUS* Motherboard that you've mentioned you'll need to use the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU – Intel SSD Only Key (VROCISSDMOD Key) along with one of our Intel® SSDs for Data Center and Professional, with NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express); as mentioned before you can take advantage of our Ark Website to help you find a Drive that will suit your needs here:

https://ark.intel.com/# @SolidStateDrives https://ark.intel.com/# @SolidStateDrives

We hope you find this information useful for your situation and please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, the Ssd M2 Intel 600p 256gb M.2 Pcie 3.0 Nvme is compatible?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello martinorta,

Thanks for your reply and in regards to your question the Intel® SSD 600p Series aren't supported by Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) since they're Consumer SSDs, however; it's Professional version the Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series it's supported.

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello martinorta,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.

0 Kudos
CvanR
Beginner

Josh B,

This customer already replied that he bought the Asus Apex Motherboard and two Intel 760P SSD's that DID NOT WORK. Same as me - I followed the very confusing feedback and bought 4 x 760P's together with a Asus Hyper M.2 module. Both Intel and Asus are guilty of misleading and confusing marketing and feedback. A lot of customers like me wasted a lot of money buying unnecessary equipment - shame on Intel and Asus for this mess! My next system will definitely NOT be Intel, nor will it contain any ASUS products. You both SUCK big time for not solving this mess....

0 Kudos