Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Bug in PCM CSV formatting

Saliya_E_
Beginner

Hi,

While monitoring with Intel PCM I noticed there's a minor bug in CSV output format, which doesn't shift the top most header to align correctly with second header and following values.

The bug is simply missing a semicolon in the header section that separates Core X (Socket Y) info. E.g.

Core44 (Socket 1);;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Core45 (Socket 1)

This has 16 semicolons, resulting 15 spaces when exported to something like Excel, but actual values for a given core has 17 entries, so this should ideally contain 17 semicolons.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post something like this, but hope someone can fix this in a future release.

Thank you,
Saliya

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes, this is the right forum.

What kind of processor are you using? The number of columns depends on the CPU type and I could not reproduce this on my development system.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

0 Kudos
Ameen_A_
Beginner

In case this hasn't been fixed yet, I experienced similar behavior on my machines:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/software-tuning-performance-optimization-platform-monitoring/topic/593914

I'm using E5-2660v3 CPUs.

Thanks!

Ameen

0 Kudos