Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Daryl J Hudson III Facing Problem With Windows 7

daryljhudsoniii
Beginner

Hello Friends,

Myself Daryl J Hudson III I own a new laptop and utilizing it in Vista with no difficulty so far. Just recently, I intalled Windows 7, wichautomaticallyset up the newest driver for the board stated.

My issue is as given below:-
In Vista I get 128Mb of VRAM and 230MB in 'shared memory'.
In Windows 7, where I was looking to be albe to run better games, I only get 64Mb of VRAM

Hope somebody will help me.

Thanks
Daryl J Hudson III
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
My issue is as given below:-
In Vista I get 128Mb of VRAM and 230MB in 'shared memory'.
In Windows 7, where I was looking to be albe to run better games, I only get 64Mb of VRAM

Hope somebody will help me.

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow:

'Control Panel' -> 'System' -> 'Advanced' -> 'Performance Settings' -> 'Advanced' -> 'Virtual Memory ( Button Change )'

and set values for 'Initial size (MB)' and 'Maximum size (MB)' and then press button 'Set'. For example,

'Initial size (MB)' <- 8192
'Maximum size (MB)' <- 32768

8192 MB = 8 GB
32768 MB = 32 GB

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow

@Sergey I think that Daryl's postis reffering to Video Memory not virtual memory.

@Daryl
If you are talking about the shared Video Memory you have to change the settings in your BIOS.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting iliyapolak

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow

@Sergey I think that Daryl's postis reffering to Video Memory not virtual memory.

@Daryl
If you are talking about the shared Video Memory you have to change the settings in your BIOS.

Sorry, guys. 'VRAM' abbreviation confused me.
Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos