Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion around monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform monitoring
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Daryl J Hudson III Facing Problem With Windows 7

daryljhudsoniii
Beginner

Hello Friends,

Myself Daryl J Hudson III I own a new laptop and utilizing it in Vista with no difficulty so far. Just recently, I intalled Windows 7, wichautomaticallyset up the newest driver for the board stated.

My issue is as given below:-
In Vista I get 128Mb of VRAM and 230MB in 'shared memory'.
In Windows 7, where I was looking to be albe to run better games, I only get 64Mb of VRAM

Hope somebody will help me.

Thanks
Daryl J Hudson III
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
My issue is as given below:-
In Vista I get 128Mb of VRAM and 230MB in 'shared memory'.
In Windows 7, where I was looking to be albe to run better games, I only get 64Mb of VRAM

Hope somebody will help me.

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow:

'Control Panel' -> 'System' -> 'Advanced' -> 'Performance Settings' -> 'Advanced' -> 'Virtual Memory ( Button Change )'

and set values for 'Initial size (MB)' and 'Maximum size (MB)' and then press button 'Set'. For example,

'Initial size (MB)' <- 8192
'Maximum size (MB)' <- 32768

8192 MB = 8 GB
32768 MB = 32 GB

Best regards,
Sergey

Bernard
Black Belt

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow

@Sergey I think that Daryl's postis reffering to Video Memory not virtual memory.

@Daryl
If you are talking about the shared Video Memory you have to change the settings in your BIOS.
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting iliyapolak

Hi Daryl, I think you need to verify and changeVirtual Memory settings. Please follow

@Sergey I think that Daryl's postis reffering to Video Memory not virtual memory.

@Daryl
If you are talking about the shared Video Memory you have to change the settings in your BIOS.

Sorry, guys. 'VRAM' abbreviation confused me.
Best regards,
Sergey