Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Intel desktop board - CPU-D510MO(B) Mini itx

scorpion_1982
Novice

Hello,

I need the latest firmware for the Intel desktop board - CPU-D510MO(B) motherboard, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet. Is there a chance that someone here still has it?

If I posted this on the wrong forum, please kindly move this topic.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Yes, there is a Desktop Boards forum, so you are way off.

That board is 13 years old.

you can find the last bios and release notes here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191119132129/https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20288/BIOS-Update-MOPNV10N-86A-?product=42645

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

scorpion_1982
Novice

Thank You for help. Though I have an issue while I try to flash it... I tried to flash in two methods, both end up with this error (I'm attaching screen)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is a pretty big leap revision-wise.  Did you read the release notes to see if there were any interim steps required?

AlHill
Super User

Also, did this board have a custom bios?

Were you able to get into the bios with F2?

0 Kudos
scorpion_1982
Novice

Thank you for the tips. I first need to update version 0400 - I managed to download it from another website, I hope everything will be okay with this BIOS because the website is not very reliable. After version 0400, I can install the latest version or an older version, 0508. The BIOS is original Intel but old. Only a few systems from a USB drive can be launched on this motherboard, hence the idea of updating it. One user of this motherboard had a similar problem, and after updating, booting from a USB drive went smoothly, so it's worth a try because I was considering using LibreBoot. I don't expect miracles from this old motherboard, and it will work as our backup. I'll sleep on it after work and check if the downloaded BIOS will work properly.

0 Kudos
scorpion_1982
Novice

Thank you @AlHill.

Thank you for the link to the bios, without it I wouldn't have been able to do anything.

Having the latest version, there was no problem finding the older required one - uploading went without any issues.

Booting from the USB drive now works 100% correctly.

Thank you for your help. Best regards."

0 Kudos
Hung16
Beginner

Hello scorpion_1982

Would you please send me version 0400 of download website? My motherboard also have the same problem which cannot boot from usb device.  thanks.

0 Kudos