Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Intel i7 2670 QM problem with high temperaturesH

tassigabriel
Beginner
Hello,
I recently bought an Acer Aspire 5744g-9669, with 8gb RAM, 1TB, Geforce GT630M, Intel i7 2670qm quad core 2,2ghz...
I am a little bit afraid of the high temperatures that it has recently been achieving... right now, just browsing, the temperatures 50C on the processor and 48C on the GPU.
I play lots of games on it, and in F12011, it reaches 88-91C... and maybe even more...
Is there any problems with this high temperature? Is it ok, or I have some kind of problem?
And also, is there how to solve that? And is there any risk o burning my HD, or burning the processor, or even of the laptop catches on fire?
Thanks, and sorry for my english...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hussam_Mousa__Intel_
New Contributor II
Hello,

Overheatin is typically a symptom of poor cooling circulation. Check with Acer if there are any known issue with your laptop, and also make sure all the cooling featues and fans are enabled in the BIOS and in the OS.

If you overclock, then that might explain this behavior as well.
0 Kudos
tassigabriel
Beginner
Ok... but is there any problem the processor running at this temperature?
Is it safe?
thanks
0 Kudos
Hussam_Mousa__Intel_
New Contributor II
The processor is designed to shutdown when the tempreture goes above a certain threshold. It is unlikely that you can damage the processor due to high tempreture. It is possible to have other components sustain damage though.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>I play lots of games on it, and in F12011, it reaches 88-91C... and maybe even more If this temperature relates to GPU I think that your card is close the overheating.
0 Kudos
haowangy
Beginner
Check with Acer if there are any known issue with your laptop,(led fluorescent lamps) and also make sure all the cooling featues and fans are enabled in the BIOS and in the OS.
0 Kudos