Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Intel power gadget on windows doesn't start

Neyri
Novice

Hello,

I try to use Intel Power Gadget 3.5 on a Windows computer with a Intel® Core™ i9-10900K CPU. The installation seems to work fine but when starting the exe, nothing happens (no window shows up). I've also tried to query it using PowerLog3 but it returns an error. @Seung-Woo_K_Intel and @joeolivas, I don't know what could be the issue, do you have any insights ?

Attached are the output of the CPU-Z command, and a screenshot of the output of the powerlog3 query.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joeolivas
Employee

Hi @Neyri 

Thanks for reaching out. You are hitting a known issue in Power Gadget, and there will be a new release coming very soon that should resolve the issue on the newer CPUs.

Thanks!

-Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joeolivas
Employee

Hi @Neyri 

Thanks for reaching out. You are hitting a known issue in Power Gadget, and there will be a new release coming very soon that should resolve the issue on the newer CPUs.

Thanks!

-Joe

0 Kudos
Neyri
Novice

Hi, 

Thank you for your quick answer, I will look forward to this update. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
joeolivas
Employee

Hi @Neyri the new release is available here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-power-gadget.html

Let us know if you run into anything else!

-Joe

0 Kudos