Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.
1711 Discussions

Is there any way to detect the Intel RST is running or mSATA existence?

Iverson_T_
Beginner

Hi,

My product had a case that customer can't detect the mSata in Windows7, that will caused our product can't be worked.

As I know, Intel provides their own drivers(iastora.sys) which enable some features not found natively. These features are mostly found in the Rapid Storage Technology UI which allows for raid volumes to be managed and monitored from within the OS itself.

As the title, my question is that is there any way(interface/SDK) to detect the mSata existence or intel RST running?

If we can detect the mSATA existence, that will be great. Or to detect the iRST running also is a good workaround to solve our problem.

Very appreciate your support. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>As the title, my question is that is there any way(interface/SDK) to detect the mSata existence or intel RST running?>>>

Do you mean programmatically detect RST service?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>As the title, my question is that is there any way(interface/SDK) to detect the mSata existence or intel RST running?>>>

Do you mean programmatically detect RST service?

0 Kudos
Iverson_T_
Beginner

Hi 

I think that detect the services may not help for me.

In this case, there is no the mSATA disk information in the Disk Management, I need to recognize the disk via the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology console.

That's why I ask that if there is any way to detect the mSATA. BTW, our produce is a Windows based so that I need to implement it in the Windows side.

So. does there any way to that I can try in the Windows programmingly?

Another question is that can we detect the Smart Response Technology enabled?

Our product will not work when the mSata cache function enabled Intel® Smart Response Technology

It meant if we can detect user enabled the function, I can alert user to do another steps.

Thanks,

Iverson

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Iverson,

Will this document be helpful : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363986(v=vs.85).aspx

0 Kudos