Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion around monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform monitoring
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

NUMA and win10

Robert_S_4
Beginner

Can someone give me advice on using NUMA with win10 .

Current specs:  I have a z800 workstation with dual x5960 processors + 96gb (12x8gb stcicks speak evenly ) + PCIe NvMe 950 pro 256gb + PCIe lsi megaraid 9285e . 

I understand what NUMA could do if correctly used which is add better memory bandwidth ( by a factor of the amount of processors or memory banks )  and better latency , both which would suit me as I use this z800 solely for a hyperthread supported application called Sonar Platinum, which would benefit from NUMA.

What I need to understand is when I enable NUMA  in the bios 

1) there is a option called NUMA split mode ? What benefits having this enabled for hyperthreaded applications.

2) how does win 10 manage NUMA nodes > does it do it automatically or do I have to set affinity in task manager and assign CPUs and nodes to hyperthreaded specific applications : I.e Sonar platinum ?

3) what additional information would you give to correctly enable NUMA on my system specs so I can properly test if NUMA works well on my system with my application/s.

4) do u have links that may help me with this

Thanks 

0 Kudos
0 Replies