Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Xeon 3rd Gen Energy/Power measurement per CoreID

emelao
New User

Hello community,

I am working with Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5320 CPU and I was wondering if there's a way to query a singular coreid power or energy consuption value. I have already tested a bunch of tools like pcm or socwatch and they only return per-pkg power. 

Also, when I try pcm, it seems like it's missing the last column "energy". Is it supposed to be there?

emelao_0-1720126329603.png

I've also checked Intel's documentation regarding this processor registers and there seems to be no register related so single core power consuption.

With this in mind, is it really impossible to query single core energy consuptions in this line of processors? Are there intel processors where it's possible? 

To give more context, I am going to compare my application execution in two different GPP platforms in terms of energy consuption. That's why I am going to pin it to specific cores and query their energy consuption within a time window. I am very open if you have other suggestions for this kind of energy efficiency characterization to bypass this lack of single core metrics.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies