Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

22.240.0 does not work with AC-9260 and AC-9560

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've installed a new Intel driver, 22.240.0, on my PCs. Then I have the problem that both 2 PCs cannot connect to my WiFi router. The adapters are AC 9260 and AC 9560. The router is running 802.11AX(WiFi 6) and only for WPA3 and 5GHz band enabled. It is not a "WPA2/WPA3" mix.

On the other hand, the MS driver version 21.80.2.3 works just fine for both.

Does anyone have the same issue?

I have tried the following for 22.240.0
1. Disable/Enable the driver
2. "Forget network" then reconfiguration
3. Uninstall and reinstall the device.
4. netsh winsock reset .....
5. Network Reset
I got no change.

Then I went back to the MS driver. It immediately connects to the WiFi.

What do you think? I guess their test for the driver was not enough.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted the event viewer log.   Lastly, I run setup.exe in windows11 installation media, but it was no change. It seems like compatibility issue. I have not noticed Intel driver issue long time because MS driver is working instead of Intel one. This time, I installed new Wi-Fi 6 router, then I found this issue.

Event 442, Kernel-PnP Warning

Device settings for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086&REV_29\4&3a621bb&0&00E0 were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0ACE&PID_1211\5&39468799&0&3
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
Present: false

Event 440, Kernel-PnP Information

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086&REV_29\4&3a621bb&0&00E0 was configured.

Driver Name: oem57.inf
Driver Date: 03/29/2023
Driver Version: 22.220.0.4
Driver Provider: Intel
Driver Section: Install_GEN_PSR_ThP_9260_AC_2x2
Driver Rank: 0xFC0001
Matching Device Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086
Outranked Drivers: netwtw08.inf:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086:00FF1001
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D14&SUBSYS_385617AA&REV_F1\3&11583659&0&E0

Event 411, Kernel-PnP Error

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086&REV_29\4&3a621bb&0&00E0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem57.inf
Service: Netwtw08
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,
Thank you for your reply. Let me answer your questions first.
1. I have 2 PCs. One is "upgrades/ not the original cards." The other is pre-installed.
2. Both are LAPTOP.
3. N.A.
4. I'm not sure. Maybe yes.
5. IO-DATA WN-DEAX1800GR (Sold by a JPN company and made in China)

BTW, I think China has changed in that their technological skill is now No.1 all over the world in particular areas such as IT.

I'm still fighting for it.
I found out that USB\VID_0ACE&PID_1211\5&39468799&0&3 is "ZyDAS ZD1211 USB 802.11b+g Wireless LAN card." I have not installed this card and I do not know why it is on my PC. I immediately removed this driver from my PC, but the warning message is still there. However, it is not relevant to this issue because the other PC does not record the warning message, and also the warning message "were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match", is not relevant to the Wi-Fi connection either, because it can connect with the MS driver.

I have downloaded some drivers from the MS catalog website and tested them with this PC. The result is as follows.

MS modified driver: OK and no problem at all
22. 150.x.x : OK but not smooth
22. 160.x.x : NG because no connection established
22. 170.x.x : NG because no connection established
22. 190.x.x : NG because no connection established
22. 200.x.x : NG because no connection established
22. 240.x.x : NG because no connection established

These are solid results.

So far, I have concluded that you guys have not tested them on 9620 and 9250 after 22.150.x.x.

I'm asking you a favor. Could you just test with 9260, 9560, and above device drivers at your site or Jocelyn could ask the Intel development team? Then let users know about the results and concerns.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

In addition to the previous article, due to my Wi-Fi router settings, please test with the followings, if possible.

1. 5GHz only  (no "2.4GHz and 5GHz" mix and no "band steering")
  2. WPA3 personal SAE AES-COMP only  (nt WPA3/WPA2 mix)

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective on this issue: 

1. Are your Intel Wireless cards the pre-installed wi-fi cards in your system or are they integrations (upgrades/ not the original cards)? 
  2. What kind of system do you have (Laptop, mini PC, Desktop PC)? 
  3. Please provide the model of your system (if you have a Desktop PC, provide the motherboard model). 
  4. Does this issue happen with another network/router? 
  5. What is the full model of the router? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

I appreciate the information provided, but we are still missing important information such as the model of your laptop (with original card) or if this issue happens or not in another router or network. 

I can understand your frustration about this matter, but we need the information we asked for and to perform some troubleshooting steps before requesting such tests, as we haven't received any other reports about this problem you have. 

Regarding the laptop you made an upgrade to it, please be aware that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

On the other hand, we can continue assisting you with the laptop without modifications so please, provide us with the following information: 

• Model of the laptop with the original card.  I would like to find the proper driver for your laptop as your Laptop Manufacturer should have their own personalized drivers (they do customizations to their systems, including software and hardware) and we always recommend using them to avoid incompatibility issues, as the Intel drivers are generic and not personalized for your system.
  • Please confirm if this issue happens with another network/router. 
  • Did you make sure your router's firmware is up to date? 
  • Does the wireless card issue (ZyDAS ZD1211 USB 802.11b+g Wireless LAN card) happen in the laptop with the upgrade or the laptop with its original card?

Best regards,    

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

• Model of the laptop with the original card.  I would like to find the proper driver for your laptop as your Laptop Manufacturer should have their own personalized drivers (they do customizations to their systems, including software and hardware) and we always recommend using them to avoid incompatibility issues, as the Intel drivers are generic and not personalized for your system.

I know you said, "They do customizations to their systems, including software and hardware."

The other PC is a Dell Inspiron 5482 2in1, Core-i7 32MB. It still has the original Wi-Fi card.

They provide the SupportAssist utility. They sent out a critical Wi-Fi driver update last week.
The version is 22.200.2.1, A47. I think you can find this version. However, they are not aware of the problem.
Of course, I tested it and got the same result.

Their other updates are following. I think these are no problem.

22.150.1.1.A41

22.130.0.5.A40

22.100.0.3.A36

22.70.0.6.A33   and so on.  

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-14-5482-2-in-1-laptop/drivers

Intel AX411/AX211/AX210/AX201/AX200/9560/9462/9260/8265/8260/7265/3165 Wi-Fi UWD Driver

• Please confirm if this issue happens with another network/router. 

Unfortunately, I do not have another 5GHz and WPA3 available Wi-Fi router now.
Instead, 22.150.x.x works. 

Don't you have a test facility at your site? This is a simple test. You do not need to do a system trace and look in the dump list and whatever. Just see if it connects or not.

The following is from my router system log. It is simple. My router sent "DHCP offer" many times to the PC, but the client did not accept, or respond to them.

Aug 04 10:25:13 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 10:14:56 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 10:12:53 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 10:11:55 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 09:55:08 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 09:53:07 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4
Aug 04 09:32:24 [SYSTEM]: SYS, DHCP Server, Sending OFFER of 172.16.0.4

The key is 5GHz only and WPA3 only, I suppose, so far.

• Did you make sure your router's firmware is up to date? 

Yes.

• Does the wireless card issue (ZyDAS ZD1211 USB 802.11b+g Wireless LAN card) happen in the laptop with the upgrade or the laptop with its original card?

This card was in the laptop with the upgrade.  I recalled it connected to the upgraded PC a long time ago for a test purpose. MS Update may have installed it automatically, but we do not have to take care of this, because it is not relevant to this problem because 22.150.x.x works.

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the information provided. 

As I previously explained, we need some necessary information and to perform important troubleshooting before doing such request, this information is asked from our team and it is important, as we haven't received any other reports about this problem you have. 

• Regarding the answers you provided, Have you tried a Clean installation of the wireless drivers process using the latest Intel driver? If the issue persists, please try this process with the latest OEM driver
  • Also, please be aware that you don't need another router with the same exact configuration, please try another band (2.4 GHz for example) instead of sticking to the 5GHz band and another router, so we can discard it as a possible root cause. 

As I previously mentioned, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

I'll reply to you.

• Regarding the answers you provided, Have you tried a Clean installation of the wireless drivers process using the latest Intel driver? If the issue persists, please try this process with the latest OEM driver

I have done it many times. Thanks to the operation, my skills have improved in this area.

• Also, please be aware that you don't need another router with the same exact configuration, Please try another band (2.4 GHz for example) instead of sticking to the 5GHz band and another router, so we can discard it as a possible root cause. 

I have tested it and got no problem.

I have tested what you requested. I wrote on a .pdf file. If you are still suspicious, please let me know.

Only the MS system Wi-Fi driver works. The others do not.

Sometimes, device drivers cause confusion. I've never seen the official statement about the differences and the purposes. There are 3 ways to get any device driver. The suppliers are as follows

1. Intel
  2. Microsoft
  3. Manufacturers

MS provides drivers through "Windows Update." It automatically installs them.

Intel provides Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

Manufacturers provide the manufacture-specific utilities.

All of them check the system state before downloading and installing, I guess.

For this problem, I got the drivers from Intel and Microsoft. Even I replaced the original part with another one.

Please give me some advice on how I should take care of them.

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the information and document provided. 

Just to confirm, have you also replaced the wireless card of the laptop that had the pre-installed card?  

I am aware that one of your laptops does not have its original card, but the second one still has its original card in it and we can support it. Have you replaced the second one as well? 

If not, please run this utility on the laptop with the original card so we can have more information about this system and investigate further this issue: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Just in case, since this utility provides information about your system, you can send it via Communities DM or I can send an email to the email address associated with your Profile, in case you feel uncomfortable attaching it to the thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

Just to confirm, have you also replaced the wireless card of the laptop that had the pre-installed card?

I am aware that one of your laptops does not have its original card, but the second one still has its original card in it and we can support it. Have you replaced the second one as well? 

Yes, the laptop now has the original card as you can support it.
Once I replaced it with AX210 for a short time, but now I have returned to the original card.

Just in case, since this utility provides information about your system, you can send it via Communities DM or I can send an email to the email address associated with your Profile, in case you feel uncomfortable attaching it to the thread.

Thank you for thinking of me.
I prefer the email address associated with my profile.

I put ssu.exe on Virustotal.com. Then it detects something. It may be a false positive. Do you think so?

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for your clarification on this. 

Regarding your virus scanner, Intel System Support Utility is an official tool to gather the most important information about your system and it helps us to investigate further our customers' issues, you shouldn't have any problem running it or opening it. 

I have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Profile in case you wish to continue the investigation with us. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

I ran SSU.exe and sent you the result to the email address.

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for your reply. I have also replied too and I will investigate further. 

I will get back to you once I have updates on this. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

You're welcome. I hope you find out the crucial on the .txt file.

Thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for your time. 

After checking the information you provided us, we didn't find anything out of place hence we believe that this issue is related to hardware. We recommend you to check with your Laptop Manufacturer as the card was replaced and may have corrupted some components during previous installations. 

We haven't received any other complaints or reports about this scenario. We hope that the Laptop Manufacturer may perform a physical inspection on the card in case is faulty. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Gee580  

Thank you for your reply, we wish they can help to reach out to the root cause of this issue. 

Since there are no more inquiries, this thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos