Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

5ghz wifi mini displayport connection interrupt interference

CCrai5
Beginner

I have a new laptop with Intel Wireless-AC 9560 adapter. My router is TP-Link Archer C7.

After connecting my monitor via a mini displayport to hdmi cable, my 5Ghz wifi immediately stopped working. Unplugging the displayport cable immediately returned the wifi connection. The same thing occurred with the laptop adjacent to, and then a meter or so away from the router. The 2.4GHz network on the same router that my iPhone was connected to was not affected during this process.

The solution was to go into the Device Manager and change the 5GHz channel width from "Auto" to "20MHz" only.

Another solution seems to be to change the 5Ghz Channel within the Router's settings from "Auto" (which was using channel 36) to a specific

different number. This allowed me to change my wifi adapter's channel width back to 'Auto', which will be more compatible if I'm using my laptop on other wifi networks. :)

I just want to provide this information to help other people, or maybe a solution to this interference can be designed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CCrai5

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for providing this information I hope this will be useful for other community members.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos