Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

6230 Bluetooth Issue

APand10
Novice

Hi,

Recently I purchased bluetooth handsfree which is connected to laptop but not working, whenever I try to click on "Listen to Music" the Handsfree was not connecting and I have installed the latest driver 17.0.1401.03. After enabling Bluetooth wi-fi signals drops even wifi get disconnect. The day I received the 6230 the bluetooth issue never solved that why I disable in device manager.

However I downloaded the old Bluetooth driver from dell website and same wifi driver. Now the Handsfree working but the wifi become big issue, signal is very low, even the Internet is not working. Only fix is disable the bluetooth from device manager.

Its useless to having bluetooth in wifi its better to buy a bluetooth usb dongle. Is there any fix.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Anu0512,

It seems like the original wireless card has been replaced by the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230, is this correct?

If that is the case, it may be that this wireless adapter is not compatible with your system and consequently causing the issues with the Bluetooth and the wireless connection. Our first recommendation here is to contact your computer manufacturer as they are the only ones entitled to provide you a list with all the certified and compatible adapters. It is important that you know that Intel does not support integrations, you can find the reasons by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

On our best effort to help you with the wireless connection, we recommend that you take a look at the links below as they may help you improve your connectivity. Also make sure you router is running the latest firmware version.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Resolving Wi-Fi Network Connection Issues

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Access Point (AP) Firmware Updates May Resolve Wireless Network Issues

Some other users found a solution for the Bluetooth connectivity but, it such solution is not approved by Intel even though it worked for them, that does not mean it will work for you, so please be cautious when using alternative solutions. You are welcome to look at this link: look for post # 50.

APand10
Novice

This is the original Wi-Fi which I received with my laptop. Its compatible with my system. I already contacted Dell, they replace the card but still the issue not resolved.

The one thing I don't understand if I'm using old driver (from Dell website) which enable the feature "Listen to Music" to work, but if I use newer version from Intel website it doesn't work. I can see the "Listen to Music" option new driver version but whenever I click noting happen why is that. And same goes with extra features of Pro Set Wifi I can't find in newer version of driver whenever I update, it looks only in OEM driver I can get full feature option.

I can't rely on OEM because after some time they stop releasing new driver, so if we using intel product it will better to download from main source.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Anu0512,

Please know that the drivers found in our support page are generic and may not be supported by the OEM's system as the wireless adapter suffers modifications done by your computer manufacturer to be fully compatible with their system. In cases like this, we always recommend that the first line of contact should be done with the manufacturer for any updates.

0 Kudos
GHarv1
Novice

I had a similar problem on windows 10 and Ubuntu with the 6230 with my HP Pavilion Touchsmart and taping off pin 51 as per post # 50 worked brillinatly.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Anu0512,

It seems like the original wireless card has been replaced by the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230, is this correct?

If that is the case, it may be that this wireless adapter is not compatible with your system and consequently causing the issues with the Bluetooth and the wireless connection. Our first recommendation here is to contact your computer manufacturer as they are the only ones entitled to provide you a list with all the certified and compatible adapters. It is important that you know that Intel does not support integrations, you can find the reasons by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

On our best effort to help you with the wireless connection, we recommend that you take a look at the links below as they may help you improve your connectivity. Also make sure you router is running the latest firmware version.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Resolving Wi-Fi Network Connection Issues

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Access Point (AP) Firmware Updates May Resolve Wireless Network Issues

Some other users found a solution for the Bluetooth connectivity but, it such solution is not approved by Intel even though it worked for them, that does not mean it will work for you, so please be cautious when using alternative solutions. You are welcome to look at this link: look for post # 50.

APand10
Novice

This is the original Wi-Fi which I received with my laptop. Its compatible with my system. I already contacted Dell, they replace the card but still the issue not resolved.

The one thing I don't understand if I'm using old driver (from Dell website) which enable the feature "Listen to Music" to work, but if I use newer version from Intel website it doesn't work. I can see the "Listen to Music" option new driver version but whenever I click noting happen why is that. And same goes with extra features of Pro Set Wifi I can't find in newer version of driver whenever I update, it looks only in OEM driver I can get full feature option.

I can't rely on OEM because after some time they stop releasing new driver, so if we using intel product it will better to download from main source.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Anu0512,

Please know that the drivers found in our support page are generic and may not be supported by the OEM's system as the wireless adapter suffers modifications done by your computer manufacturer to be fully compatible with their system. In cases like this, we always recommend that the first line of contact should be done with the manufacturer for any updates.

0 Kudos
GHarv1
Novice

I had a similar problem on windows 10 and Ubuntu with the 6230 with my HP Pavilion Touchsmart and taping off pin 51 as per post # 50 worked brillinatly.

0 Kudos