Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

7260 Desktop Bluecoat - Totally Inconsistent

BDesk
Beginner

I have an Intel 7260 DTX running on my Windows 7 Desktop. I use it pretty much exclusively for Bluetooth stereo headphones. I tried multiple USB BT adapters before this, and the lag and inconsistent performance just drove me bats. This is better, but I still struggle with some things. I use my headphones a ton, so all this is rather important to me. What I've noticed are problems with the 7260 are that the Stereo headphone connection a lot of times doesn't complete the first time. It just can't connect or throws an error. Yes, latest drivers, all Windows updates, and I've even seen the same thing when I install a fresh copy of Windows. So there is something going on here. I've found it helps when I disable the BT microphone aspect of the driver, disable wireless on the 7260, and uncheck the box that allows Windows to put the device to sleep. But the behavior is still inconsistent. And another thing is that when I have some interference, the signal doesn't "hop" to another channel - it just dies all together. So I'm hoping that somebody will be able to assist. Is there any way to debug the negotiation or pairing process every time I turn my headphones on? Otherwise, I have zero idea what is happening.

And yes, I've tried multiple different pairs/brands of BT headphones. I am using Bose AE2W now. The headphones pair pretty much flawlessly every time with Android phones - but 7260 plus windows, not so much.

Somebody at some level must be able to explain what is happening? Please help however you can. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello rooibos1986,

Please apply the following actions that may prevent connectivity issues, if the issue persists, we will need some additional system information.

- Make sure you are using current BIOS version for your motherboard, as well as drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.

- Confirm that the adapter is connected correctly, and the antenna is located as indicated in the http://download.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/dbw-ac7260/sb/integrationguide.pdf Integration Guide for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.

For additional assistance, please let us know the following:

- Are you using the Microsoft drivers from Windows*, or did you install the ones from Intel?

- Do you have any issues when using Bluetooth for other tasks? such as file transfer or wireless speakers.

Motherboard model and BIOS version:

Wireless adapter driver:

Intel PROSet/Wireless Driver Software version:

Bluetooth driver:

BDesk
Beginner

I have tried this and spent several days observing the changes. It seems moderately improved following my BIOS update. However, it is frequent to where I simply cannot pair headphones without rebooting the system first. Can you please advise how to debug this more fully. Just something so I can understand what is not working as it should be? Thanks,

0 Kudos
BDesk
Beginner

Sorry - requested information below.

For additional assistance, please let us know the following:

- Are you using the Microsoft drivers from Windows*, or did you install the ones from Intel?

Intel Drivers - I believe at least. I downloaded them from your website.

- Do you have any issues when using Bluetooth for other tasks? such as file transfer or wireless speakers.

No, no other tasks. I have even disabled wireless completely.

Motherboard model and BIOS version:

Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF - don't see an explicit motherboard model. You can view full specs here

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/ServiceTag/j3s2cx1/configuration?s=BSD http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/ServiceTag/j3s2cx1/configuration?s=BSD

BIOS Version A20.00 01/26/15

Wireless adapter driver:

Intel 17.13.11.5

Intel PROSet/Wireless Driver Software version:

I do not have this installed.

Bluetooth driver:

Not Sure Which You Need

Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385

Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385

Device Manager -> Sound, Video, And Game Controllers -> Bluetooth Audio Intel 17.1.1411.498

Device Manager -> Bluetooth Radios -> Intel Wireless Bluetooth Intel 17.1.1411.498

Device Manager -> Bluetooth Radios -> Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator -> Microsoft 6.1.76.01.17889

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello rooibos1986,

The drivers you are using are the current versions, Wireless adapter driver Intel 17.13.11.5 and Intel Wireless Bluetooth Intel 17.1.1411.498.

Bluetooth headphones and speaker devices should work fine with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop, however, It seems there may be something in your system interfering with the connection, as you mentioned the issue was worse with previous Bluetooth adapters you used.

Here are some additional recommendations for this:

- Make sure the Antenna cables are properly and tightly connected to the connectors of the Wireless board.

- Place the Wireless antenna in a clearer position, away from the Computer case, power lines and other possible sources of interference.

- Go to the Windows* Power options, in the power plan settings, advanced power settings and make sure the Wireless adapter is set to "Maximum Performance". If the issue persist, test the connection after setting the USB selective suspend to "Disabled".

The Bluetooth connection events are recorded in the Windows Logs - System, that can be seen with Windows Event Viewer. in case you wish to review them as well.

BDesk
Beginner

I have done all you specified. The driver has now become corrupted, twice. Under Bluetooth Radios => Intel Wireless Bluetooth, I see the error "Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems". There is no recovery. You just have to reinstall windows. Doesn't matter if you uninstall the driver and reinstall it - nothing. Only afresh copy of Windows fixes. Twice now. Event viewer logs show basically nothing. At bootup, you see the following two things in event viewer.

A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.

The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

I am not sure who is to blame. You guys or Windows. Either way, Bluetooth is utterly pointless on this hardware. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate

it. Reinstalling windows every couple of days is not going to work.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello rooibos1986,

We are sorry that the issue persists after the actions you applied. The "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" error can happen due to Operating System, driver or even hardware issues.

Since you have used other Bluetooth adapters in the system and they were not able to work properly either, it would be advised to contact Dell Support and make sure you have updated drivers for your motherboard and other related components, also to check for hardware issues in the computer itself.

Also, you may run thehttp://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu Intel® Driver Update Utility to make sure you are using the most recent drivers for Intel components in your computer.

0 Kudos
BDesk
Beginner

Yes, all my drivers are already 100% up to date. One of the first things I checked. Dell has already checked out the hardware as well. I came to you guys as a last resort.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Based on the actions performed and the behavior of the computer, there may be a problem in the PC, or in the Bluetooth component of your system.

We advise you to contact http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=&l=&s= Dell Support. Since you have tried different Bluetooth adapters and none has worked correctly (including the AC7260).

If you require additional assistance for the Intel® Wireless adapter, we advise you to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Intel Customer Support so you can create a case and check for further support options.

0 Kudos