Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

7260ac + BT and Sony Vaio SVT15112CXS

PTriu
Novice

Hi everyone,

I've installed this card to replace the dreadful Atheros (also with BT) that came originally with this laptop, but I can't get BT to work.

It just doesn't get recognized. No BT or unknown devices show up at Device Manager. It's just like it's not there.

I've tried several drivers, from Intel, Sager and Sony (from laptops that come with this card as OEM), to state a few with the same result.

On the other hand, WiFi is now awesome.

I just don't want to keep using a USB dongle when I picked this card for BT among other reasons.

Is my only solution to have a modded BIOS with whitelist fix installed? is whitelist BIOS the problem? vaio

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please note that Intel® wireless adapters are meant to be professionally installed by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technicians on certified systems only.

We recommend contacting your system manufacturer since only they are entitled to provide the list of validated and certified adapters that are compatible with your system and the proper means to do the hardware exchange for you.

Installing an aftermarket wireless adapter in your laptop can cause several issues which may affect usage of the wireless adapter or laptop. Some of these issues may include the following:

• The OEM may have installed the wireless adapter with a lock to prevent installation of another adapter.
  • Your adapter may not be electrically compatible with your laptop that may cause the adapter and/or your laptop to no longer function.
  • Wireless hardware installation and use is subject to regulatory approval, and the adapter purchased may not support your local regulations.

For additional information, please check the following articles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Intel� wireless adapter?

0 Kudos
PTriu
Novice

Thank you both for your opinion.

So, could it be something else? is there another reason why it's now working, even get picked up by the Device Manager?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
PTriu
Novice

Hi everybody,

Here again to check on this.

So, anybody else has any idea if a fixed BIOS is a definitive solution?

I can't understand how the wireless part is working fine and there's no BT or unknown devices detected at all.

Any light on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

As suggested above, only the system manufacturer can indicate what adapters are certified to be used with your computer. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

"The end user is not authorized to install these wireless adapters. They can only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative."

0 Kudos
PTriu
Novice

Thanks again for your opinion, Joe.

I'm waiting to hear also from people who has already done this or may have any solutions or knowledge about this type of install, i.e. does my laptop powering correctly the USB part of the card? this would be a possible cause for the BT side not working. BIOS whitelist could be another (as I checked on other forums), and so on...

I'm sure this would end any of this ways: the hardware does not match (USB power, etc.) or it would be solved via software.

Thanks everybody,

0 Kudos
PTriu
Novice

Well, it is solved now.

I found out that some people was having this same issue with the 6235 cards too, so I look around some more and I hit the solution.

Turns out that with this pinout layout, # 51 pin turns BT off via HW, so the device is not detected at all. It was just as simple as taping out that pin and volià, I now have BT working as it should.

I hope this helps more people with this same issues with 7260 cards as much as 6235 ones.

Don't lose hope people, and don't pay attention to the ones that are not there to help, but confuse you.

Cheers!