Hello everyone, I have a laptop using the wireless AC 3165 network card, and I have successfully updated it to the newest version, 184.108.40.206 (Driver date 8/3/2017), this has fixed many problems for me, but a few problems still linger. If anyone has any insight that would be appreciated.
- WiFi performance stops and starts (without the WiFi disconnecting), ranging from 2MB/s to 25KB/s
- If anyone else is using WiFi actively, the entire WiFi network goes down, WiFi speeds drop to 0KB/s for everyone but wired internet connectivity stays unchanged.
- Once I disconnect from the home WiFi network, everyone else's speeds shoot back up to normal
- Reformatting my computer
- Uninstalling driver, reinstalling manually
- Unchecked "Allow computer to turn this device off to save power" in Device Manager
- Wireless Adapter Power Saving set to "Maximum Performance" in all power schemes
- Connecting to 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi
- Resetting Wireless Router
- Two WLAN reports attached below, both show the network being disconnected by the driver
- Resetting TCP/IP by netsh int/winsock reset commands
Some Info about my setup:
- Laptop: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_654248.html Jumper EZBook 3 Plus
- I've talked to others who have the same laptop I do, they have poor WiFi range, but nothing so severe as the entire WiFi network going down
- Router: D-Link DIR-810L Wireless AC
- 100MBPs down, 10 MBPs up cable internet
- Wireless driver U-APSD Support is disabled
- Wireless driver
We understand that you're having performance issues with your laptop using an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.
In order to better assist you, we would like to get one aditional piece of information.
Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. This application will scan your computer and allow us to verify your current hardware configuration and settings. Once you've saved this report please attach it to your reply by switching to the "advanced editor" located at the top right.
We look forward to hearing back from you.