Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 3168 network connection speed problem

HKim50
Beginner

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 Network Speed

Intel wireless dual band ac-3168 Wireless not working properly with HP Pavilion 15-cc023cl

Intel dual band-ac 3160 Connection Problem

I have these kinds of problems on my laptop.

I can solve this by manually set `Channel Width` to `40 Mhz` on my routers configuration page.(No changes to `AC 3168` configuration)

There's only two `Auto` and `20 Mhz` option on AC 3168 Configuration for `Channel Width`, I know that.

But I can't handle this when I have no permission because `AC 3168` doesn't handle this right way I think.

I think you guys should offer force `40 Mhz` channel width option or something.

How can I have full speed with your chip when I have no permission to AP, AP configuration in this condition???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi algorist,

We understand your concern related to the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168.

We would like to let you know that the channel width when is set up to auto is going to be controlled by the router. If your Router does not support 40MHz or 80MHz the adapter is going to use the width it is able to handle.

If you set up the width to 40MHz or 80MHz and the Router does not support it, you would have some issues related to the width and connection rate.

That is why there is not an option for you to select the channel width on the adapter only to limited to 20MHz or leave it out to the Router to choose the width.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi algorist,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos