Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

AC-7260 Bluetooth Will Not Wake Up PC

DMaws
Beginner

I've installed an AC-7260 card in my Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10 Anniversary 64-bit and, when used in conjunction with a Microsoft Surface Mouse and Keyboard, my computer will simply not wake up from sleep mode. Microsoft says there is "no reason" why the mouse and keyboard should not wake up my PC (as any wireless mouse/keyboard combination would). I am totally perplexed by this and - in addition to the dual-band capability - this was one of the primary reasons for buying the Intel board (the Dell-supplied 1705 was single-band and had the same issue).

When I go into the Device Manager Power Management tab for Intel Wireless Bluetooth Properties, the "Allow this device to wake the computer" field is grayed out, so I can't check the box.

Does anyone know what is going on? I'd like this excellent mouse/keyboard combination to work as my old wireless keyboard and mouse did, but I have to press the power button to wake up the PC now.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rranger,

It's unlikely that your issue is being caused by your wireless adapter, since you experienced the issue with the Dell* adapter before this one. Please keep in mind that we only provide support for wireless adapters that have been installed by your computer manufacturer, we don't support custom wireless integrations.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Computer Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Since the "Allow this device to wake the computer" field is grayed out, it's possible that this may be disabled from within your BIOS, which takes precedence over your OS. It may be important to point out that while your wireless adapter works through the PCIe Bus, the Bluetooth* module on your adapter communicates through your computer's USB. You may need to check your BIOS for an "Enable USB Wake" type setting, which may be currently disabled.

Our recommendation in this case will be to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM), as they're the only ones who may be able to provide you with a more definitive response, and hopefully should be willing to point you towards the correct BIOS settings in order to resolve your problem.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

@rranger - Google for bth_faq and follow the steps for enabling remote wakeup described in the FAQ. Some OEMs turn the module (BT) power off when the laptop is in standby/sleep mode. In that case, the feature (wake on BT) will not work unfortunately.

0 Kudos