Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

AC 9560 / AX200 connection problems (Gaming)

PanPan
Beginner

I can use internet on 5GHz wifi all day, watch youtube , download game from steam, but when I try to connect to game server, I lose internet every time i hit "log in" button or after login

I have try to do the ping test when play game, found that
It doesn not happen when I'm on 2.4GHz, I can log in and play Would of Warship / AOE thought Stream.
When I fail to connect with game server with 5GHz wifi, I"m still connected, but I have no internet. The weird part is I have to connect do 2.4GHz and switch back to 5GHz to restore internet access on this wifi.
It doesn't matter how far I am from router, it happens anyway even if i put my laptop next to it.
It's MSi GF63 with intel AC 9560, so I'm sure it can use 5GHz wifi.

Someone has told me to update driver or replaced a new wifi card, I hace update the driver ver and replaced a new wifi card but problem still happening.

I buy my notebook on Mar 2020, the problem is happen after windows update about Sep 2020, as before there was no problem on play game with 5G WIFI

Now i need to switch WIFI to 2.4G when I going to play game

Attached with the screen capture of Ping Test when Play Game and Intel SSU result

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 家用版(10.0.19042 Build 19042)

Intel Wifi Driver Ver: 22.0.0.6 | Date : 2020/9/17

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello PanPan, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the Wireless connection speed and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

PanPan_0-1609478817945.png

My computer only have auto & 20MHz

"Auto" speedtest is normal but have disconnect problem

"20Mhz" speedtest is slow but no disconnect problem

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Just to let you know, when you install the wireless card on a laptop that is what is called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: motherboard, Router, Wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters antennas, m.2 ports as well as regulatory information, all those parts need to be compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection.

Keep in mind that the Intel® Wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform. 

In the following links you will be able to verify the regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

So, the problem that you are now describing could be related to the "Wireless Integration", to compatibility, and what we recommend is to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop, to confirm that all the parts are fully compatible, to check if there might be a firmware update available or if there are some settings in the BIOS that need to be changed for the optimal performace of the Wireless connection:

https://us.msi.com/support

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos