Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

AC3160 will not connect to BT headsets

DCamp8
Beginner

I just installed a new AC3150 WiFi/BT mini-pcie adapter in an Intel DH61DL motherboard with BIOS version BEH6110H.86A.0028.2011.0715.1815 and Win7 PRO 64bit. The BT software/driver version I used is the latest according to the Intel site (18.21.0.2). WiFi works fine and BT connects to mouse and keyboard peripherals but refuses to connect to hands-free headsets of any variety. I can watch the drivers for the devices load correctly but when trying to connect, after the "configuring Bluetooth" message appears it eventually fails to connect and says to try connecting again. There is nothing wrong with the headsets. Windows has been updated and I have r&r the BT software several times with no luck. I can install USB BT adapters and everything works fine but the 3160 simply won't cut it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have not updated the BIOS on the system board - because of its version the update process seems quite complicated and risky.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello nozmoking1,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is designed to be used by laptop manufacturers in their OEM systems. We cannot guarantee that the adapter will operate properly with a mini-PCIe adapter and in a desktop motherboard that was not designed to use this Wireless adapter.

Installing or upgrading the various Intel® Wireless Adapters by end users is not supported by Intel.

In our best effort, we would like to provide you the links to the current driver versions of the WiFi and Bluetooth® drivers for this adapter:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25137/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-WP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (WP)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*

0 Kudos
DCamp8
Beginner

Thanks for the reply - I will check the driver version I have against the latest available again. As a side note, the 3160 is installed directly in the mini-pcie slot on an Intel micro-ATX system board.

- cheers

0 Kudos