Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AC8265 Bluetooth Notworking

DonTeh
Beginner

Hi

I just bought an Intel 8265AC Wireless Adapter to replace the original Broadcom Wireless Adapter on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. Before I install the new Wireless Card, I have downloaded the latest driver from Intel website - Bluetooth and Wireless Pro. Update the driver after I install the new driver card. The Wifi works fine and it is ~3x faster than the original Wireless Adapter. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth doesn't works (Device manager shown error code 43). Uninstall and re-install the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel doesn't works too. 

When I run the troubleshoot from the Window, it able to fix it. But the error code 43 return once I reboot the laptop. Re-install the wireless card doesn't work too.

Can anyone help before I return the Wireless card? Really hesitate to return it since it able to improve my Wifi performance dramatically.

Thanx

DonTeh

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DonTeh

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Our last recommendation is to contact your OEM to check wireless compatibility since this could be related to incompatibility issues. You OEM may also provide you with a list of compatible wireless adapters and upgrade instructions.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DonTeh

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have installed on your laptop the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 to replace a different wireless card.

When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Having said that, could you please try the following test?

1- Please install the original wireless card that came pre-installed with the laptop. Does it work fine? (Bluetooth and Wireless?).

If the answer to the previous question is yes, we recommend to then install theIntel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 on the laptop making sure that it is properly connected; please also check that the cables are plugged correctly.

2- Then, please check if Bluetooth is detected in Windows® Device Manager. In case the Bluetooth is detected but showing "a yellow exclamation mark" or still showing error code 43, this could be related to an incompatibility issue. If the Bluetooth is not detected at all, this actually may be related to a bigger compatibility issue. In those cases, the root of the problem could be one of the followings:

• The system may require a firmware update.
  • The system connector for the wireless card is not designed (at the electronic level) to work with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.
  • There is a limitation from your computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Lenovo*.

However, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system so we may check this further?

1. Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  2. Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DonTeh

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello DonTeh

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Our last recommendation is to contact your OEM to check wireless compatibility since this could be related to incompatibility issues. You OEM may also provide you with a list of compatible wireless adapters and upgrade instructions.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos