Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX 200 NGW not detected windows 10 on hp 15-ac

Mohammad_Kadid
Beginner

So i bought an AX 200 NGW instead of my old Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn, but when i plugged the ax200 it did not show up in the device manager nor anywhere in the bios 

laptop specs:

windows 10 (originally windows 8.1)

i7 5500u

motherboard model no: AHL50

i have one antenna

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Mohammad_Kadid,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

When it comes to laptops you need to take into account that, before completing any integration( which is changing an original component for a different one ) you need to make sure the laptop manufacturer approves that change, because we can’t guarantee compatibility on a system that was customized to work with something else. What we recommend you to do will be to first check the following information when you have the time and to contact your laptop manufacturer so they can provide further advice.

In case you want to try, we do have a generic driver that you can use to test if the adapter is recognized; however, since the laptop is a customized system, we cannot guarantee its functionality.

Bluetooth

Instructions

Wireless

Instructions

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Mohammad_Kadid,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mohammad_Kadid,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos