Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AX still not working in Russia on AX200 and AX201

neverdrim
Novice

Dears,

I have two devices with AX issues :

1)I have desktop with installed TP-Link Archer TX3000E wifi ax adapter with AX200 and yes,I live in Russia .

It is not a laptop, but the latest Bios update is installed.

There are no WiFi6 settings in the bios.

I updated the WiFi driver to version 22.70, but that didn't help, I still can't use 802.11 AX.

I can also say that I've tried different drivers from 22.40 to 22.70, but I still can't connect with AX.

2)Also i have laptop  Lenovo T14s with Intel AX201 adapter with the same problem.

Latest Bios update is installed.

There are no WiFi6 settings in the bios.

I tried different drivers from 22.40 to 22.70,  but that didn't help, I still can't use 802.11 AX.

This is actually a horrible situation and I can't understand or justify the vendor's inaction in this situation in any way. It turns out that you are cheating your customers from Russia in the current conditions it is maximal AC adapters but not AX.
Perhaps in the future when choosing equipment you should consider more responsible and more loyal to their customers manufacturers.

However, I still hope, that your support in this matter will change this opinion.

12 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer (report from both machines): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?v=t  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? (report from both machines).

3. What is the model name of your router?   

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
neverdrim
Novice

Dear Deivid A.,

Thank you for you response

1) At this moment i have access only  to laptop and i add information from laptop to attachment. I send info from my desktop little bit later.

2) It's preinstalled adapter for laptop. And for my desktop computer it was recently added by myself

3) I used TP-Link Archer AX73

0 Kudos
neverdrim
Novice

In this message I attach info file from SSU about my desktop.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

Based on the information from the reports, please try the following:

- LENOVO ThinkPad T14s Gen 1:

1. Update your Windows version.

2. Update your BIOS version. Check with Lenovo for instructions.

3. Follow the steps from the link below:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058359/wireless.html

- Gigabyte B150M-D3H:

1. I recommend you to check with Gigabyte since this is not an adapter that came preinstalled with the motherboard. Your wireless adapter may not work properly since it may need a BIOS update and the option to be available at the BIOS, the manufacturer may validate your adapter as compatible and supported and provide you with the appropriate steps to enable the "AX" options.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
neverdrim
Novice

Dear Delvid A.,

- LENOVO ThinkPad T14s Gen 1:

As I wrote earlier,  I have already updated everything including drivers and BIOS but no new item and did not appear and AX and does not work.

- Gigabyte B150M-D3H:

I have already updated everything including drivers and BIOS too but have the same result. Do yo have some system requirements for this adapter or maaybe it' s worked only with some specific motherboards? 

If that's the case, why don't you warn your customers about it? Or are you doing it on purpose to mislead us and sell an inappropriate product?

But my guess is that you simply did not configure this adapter correctly in Intel® Dynamic Regulatory Solution / Location Aware Regulatory (Intel LAR/DRS)

DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

I do understand the situation, allow me to check this issue internally in order to provide you accurate information. A soon as I have any details I will let you know. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
neverdrim
Novice

Dear Delvid A,
Thank you in advance.
I look forward to this information.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

Based on the research performed, please try the following:

1. Update the Wireless driver including the related firmware changes.

2. Update the BIOS provided by the system manufacturer.

3. Enable Wi-Fi 6 in BIOS (check the exact feature name with your system manufacturer).

If the steps did not work, I recommend you to check with the Laptop/motherboard manufacturer, since they may place a restriction or block on their products for the "AX" technology.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
neverdrim
Novice

Dear Deivid A. 

I don't see the difference between your previous recommendations and this one, nor do I see the results of any of the research. Maybe you just don't want to or can't help me.

DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

I am sorry if you feel like we do not want to help you, that was not our intention. In this case, the previous steps are the official solution to this issue.

The option should be part of the BIOS, and that is why we advise updating the BIOS version and this work for the units that came with the wireless adapter pre-installed.

Please try to contact the manufacturer of the laptop/motherboard and let us know the outcome on the manufacturer and we will continue with the support if needed.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim,  

Were you able to check the previous post and were you able to get in contact with the manufacturer of the laptop/motherboard? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello neverdrim, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos