Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7513 Discussions

AX101 Linux Driver Ubuntu 20.04

kpaPDX
Beginner

I recently purchased a miniPC with the latest 802.11ax wifi support using Intel AX101. This works great on the Windows 11 OS provided with the PC, but when I dual-boot into Ubuntu the wifi no longer works (nor the Bluetooth).

I understand that work is in progress to provide the driver and firmware for Linux. Please also retrofit the 20.04 LTS drivers, as I need to use that version for my project.

Is there a time frame when the updated driver will be available (say in the latest Linux kernel)? It should be easy from there to bring the driver into older kernels.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kpaPDX,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX101.  

In this case, our support for Linux is limited since the Linux developers are th eones in charge to provide all the drivers and firmware for this operating system.

If you need any firmware update or new version, I recommend you to check with the Mini PC manufacturer to confirm if their system is compatible with Linux. If it is compatible, they should provide you with the firmware and updated needed for their computer to support Ubuntu.

You can also check with your Linux distributor to check for the latess updates for this opratimg system.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos