Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

[AX1675x]why is my wifi card failing and disconnecting only when connected to one specific network?

bad_data
Beginner

Screenshot 2024-01-05 000943.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 001013.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 001008.png

driver version: 23.10.0.8

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @bad_data

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

2.      What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bad_data
Beginner

this is the card that came with my msi gp66 laptop

i have tried a clean driver reinstall and downgrading to the version on msi support sites

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @bad_data

Thank you for your reply.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello bad_data

Thank you for getting back to us.

In order to assist you further with troubleshooting, we kindly request your input on the following questions:

1. Is this a specific network home or work environment?
  2. what is the model of the router?
  3. Has the customer tried updating the router FW?
  4. Resetting the router to default settings?
  5. Was it working before or never did it?

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello bad_data,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
bad_data
Beginner
It was a broken WiFi card so I swapped it out for a different model
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello bad_data

Thank you for responding. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the defect in the previous wireless card, necessitating its replacement. We trust that the replacement will function as intended.

System manufacturers may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide. Only the manufacturer or its authorized representative can install the adapters. You should contact the motherboard OEM to confirm the proper installation steps for the device and confirm if it is compatible with your system, we understand that this is the exact model.

For further information about Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade, check the following article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Since the thread is now under OEM scope, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos