Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AX200 160MHz Disconnects Randomly

GarrettD
Beginner

Hello, I had a previous post but the issue seemed to have resolved itself on its own so I didn't bother following up, but the issue has come back up recently.

I've had my desktop computer for around a year. The motherboard has been working fine up until recently. My internet had gone out due to powerlines touching and it shut off my PC. This has happened before and was never an issue. Only up until this recent time, I turned my PC back on and everything works fine. Except my wifi will randomly disconnect. It's just the computer, not my phone, not my router, no one else has an issue. 

To fix it while it disconnects, all I have to do is go to my internet access tab in the bottom right, disconnect from my wifi, and then reconnect. It's a very brief blip and the interval between the disconnect is random. Maybe it'll do it twice in an hour, or it'll go a day without fail. it's very minor but it can be a huge inconvenience when I'm playing an online game or talking to a friend.

My drivers are up to date, so are my windows. I don't use Bluetooth. Wondering if there are any remedies?

The moderator asked me some questions so I'll answer them here:

1. Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Desktop
  2. Do you get any error codes in the device manager? No error codes
  3. Is this the original adapter that came with the system? Yes it is the original adapter
  4. Does it happen when using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands or just one? I don't fully know what that means. I use the 5G and not the 2.4G for my internet.
  5. Even if you don’t use Bluetooth, have you checked if the issue also occurs when using Bluetooth or just with Wi-Fi? I've only experienced the disconnecting with the WI-Fi but my device couldn't locate my Bluetooth device when I did try.

I've also attached the System Support Utility Review

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GarrettD
Beginner

I also want to add, if I wait a minute or so, the internet will connect again on its own

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarrettD,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using the antennas for the wireless adapter?

2. Have you tried with the drivers from ASUS?

3. What is the brand and model name of your router?

4. Have you checked with ASUS for recommendations/instructions?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GarrettD
Beginner

1. I'm not using the antennas. I can't locate the antennas from the box. I had my computer built at a Microcenter and don't know what they did with it besides build it.

2. I've installed and updated all ASUS drivers

3. I have the Sagemcom Fast 5260

4. I've checked other forms and have tried a few remedies but nothing has succeeded

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarrettD, 

Based on the information provided, please try the following:

1. Perform a BIOS update (version 2423). You may need to get in contact with Asus for instructions.

2. Perform a Windows build and version update, not to Windows 11.

3. Perform a clean installation of the wireless drivers:

4. Check with Microcenter for your antennas or for antennas for your motherboard (see pictures attached).

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarrettD, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GarrettD, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos