Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 802.11ax No internet

Władek
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop on Windows 11 with AX200 network card and Nothing Phone 1.

After last OS update on phone I can't connect to network on 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspot from phone.

I've tried swapping all sorts of drivers, including those listed  at Lenovo website but no result.

Tried on hotspots from other phones (Pixel 6, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro) - same issue.

Lowering channel width for 5GHz down to "20MHz only" worked but speed is significantly dropped.

The only solution I have now is to change Wireless Mode in device manager to 802.11n.

Is there any other option to use ax?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 110659.png

Screenshot 2022-11-01 110602.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Władek,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

As well, please try a clean installation of the latest generic wireless drivers 22.170.0 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html) and check if the issue persists. (You may try this with the latest drivers provided by Lenovo as well).

Clean installation steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Best regards,

Steven G.
Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Władek
Beginner

Correct, this is an original adapter and recommended settings are set by Windows by default so I don't need to change them.

I've tried clean installation with both of this drivers and get no result. Still works only in 802.11n/20MHz.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

In order to continue, download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Władek
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the report.

I will keep working on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Władek,

Please perform the following steps and let me know of the outcome:

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos