Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

AX200 Bluetooth device code31

Meepleer
Beginner

Hello,

I've installed the Intel Drive & Support Assistant, it detected both drivers needed for wireless and bluetooth and installed them succesfully, but unfortunately I still get a code 31 (drivers can't load) for the bluetooth device and I'm unable to resolve the issue.

The location: Port_#0013.Hub_#0001

Harware Ids: USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7&REV_0001 and USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7

There are 3 other faulty PCI devices in the "other device" section. Pretty sus...

I'm unable to remove any bluetooth devices that were already paired. It always tells me it's failing to remove.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Meepleer

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information from the system to identify the possible cause of this problem:

• Do you only get Bluetooth issues, Wifi or both?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new operating system update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this a new computer?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you change/install a new adapter recently?
  • Did you get the normal/expected performance from the Bluetooth before?
  • Did you try a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Which driver version do you have installed right now?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Meepleer
Beginner
  • Do you only get Bluetooth issues, Wifi or both?
    -Only for the bluetooth, wifi driver update went like a charm and I tested it, it works.

• When did it start to happen?
    -When I installed the new hardware and updated the drivers, 5 days ago.

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new operating system update or Wireless driver update?
    -I do not exactly know if the error 31 started happening after I attempted to update the bluetooth device drivers, but I believe so.

• Is this a laptop or desktop system?
    -Desktop

• Is this a new computer?
    -New computer, home built from 2 months ago. Works like a charm so far.

• What OS version are you using?
    Windows 10 Home - 20H2 - 19042.804

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you change/install a new adapter recently?
    -I installed a new adapter. The mobo has a built in wifi and bluetooth, but they are quite terrible, hense why I wanted to get an upgrade.

• Did you get the normal/expected performance from the Bluetooth before?
    -I do not know the expected performance of my bluetooth, but I know the range is very small and can only connect reliably to my cellphone, big issues trying to get something stable for my bluetooth earbuds.

• Did you try a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
    -The bluetooth from the new device I installed was not operational before driver update.

• Which driver version do you have installed right now?
    -Wifi: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2723&SUBSYS_00848086&REV_1A\6&10D9D0BA&0&0038020A
    -Intel driver and support assistant sees two different bluetooth with errors, they have the same ID
            USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7\6&28cf390b&0&13
0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Meepleer,

Since you are installing a new Bluetooth and Ethernet to replace the devices on the motherboard, the first steps I would recommend are to get the original devices completely out of the OS. First I would remove and software drivers for the onboard hardware. Then go into BIOS and disable the devices. The point of all this is to get the OS such that it does not detect any original Bluetooth and wireless. Once you have that accomplished then do a complete install of the software for the new hardware you have added.

Would you also please detail the type of motherboard you are working with?

0 Kudos
Meepleer
Beginner

I'm able to disable the device from the device manager panel. Would that be enough or is there a difference in disabeling it from the bios screen?

0 Kudos
Meepleer
Beginner

My Mobo is B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac p1.40

I was not able ton find any wifi/bluetooth related device from the bios. Maybe it has a different name? I know it has to be there, here are the wireless lan specs.

- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi Module
- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
- Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- Supports Bluetooth 4.2 + High speed class II

EDIT: I was able to find the option to disable onboard LAN. Unfortunately, it also disabled the ethernet cable connection. This is a problem. I do not use my mobo wifi nor do I plan to use the new device wifi, all I'm really interested in is having a better bluetooth connection.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Meepleer,

I looked at the manual for the motherboard you are using, the B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac. In the advanced section it lists an option for WAN Radio, and BT On./Off. I would suggest disabling both options as you are adding a new wireless and Bluetooth adapter. Disabling those options should get the unknown devices to clear out from Device Manager. Once you have the on-board Bluetooth completely disabled, and all the Asrock network drivers removed, you should be able to install the AX200 drivers.

You might also turn on the option to list hidden hardware in Device Manager. Anything that looks related to Asrock Bluetooth should be removed. I suspect the drivers and software for the on-board Bluetooth is interfering with the new drivers for the AX200.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Meepleer

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Meepleer

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread.  Since this is not the original wireless card that came with your system, we recommend that you check compatibility and further troubleshooting with the manufacturer of your motherboard.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos