Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 Relocating Internal laptop wifi/bt antenna

WirelessPenguin20

MH4 connector leads were damaged. I have a replacement antenna, but would rather not disassemble the display to replace it.

If I were to relocate the #1 & #2 antenna, would it be safe to do so? Both for the laptops internal components (concerned about interference) and my exposure to RF energy?

I was considering putting it on the bottom of the chassis, nearer to the vents at the back of the laptop.

If I must, I will take the display apart..but would rather not. It isn't the display removal that concerns me-it's that the display itself is taped/glued to the display 'case'.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello WirelessPenguin20

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

The ideal to answer your query would be to confirm it with your motherboard manufacturer. All systems are different and vary from one model to another. OEM would have a much better understanding of your systems and can provide a much more appropriate answer to your questions.

I hope you find his information helpful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello WirelessPenguin20.

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos