Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 Wi-Fi adapter disconnects hourly at the same time.

HBrow4
Beginner

Hi, So at 20mins past the hour almost every hour my Wifi disconnects for 1-2mins. This has been going on for several months. I can confirm it is only this PC that is affected (Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard).

My router is an Amplifi from Ubiquiti and I connect to that via a repeater station.

I have tried resetting the network on Windows 10 to no success. DHCP Leasing is set on the router to 1year so it is not that.

Report attached. Any assistance would be gratefully recieved.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

HBrow4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the Router/AP?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
HBrow4
Beginner

No problem.

What is the specific model of the Router/AP? Amplifi by Ubiquiti

Is this a new computer? It is 6months old. Custom built

Was it working fine before? Yes it was 2-3 months ago

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Hmmm probably numerous software. No hardware changes

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer? It came with my Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard

When did the issue start? 2-3 months ago

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly? Yes. I can confirm other devices can access the internet fine. When this issue is occurring it cannot connect to anything on the lan as it is disconnected from it.

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? This is a home PC

I should stress that some activityy down to the second is causing it every hour at the same time.

I have attached WLAN Autoconfig events to assist.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi HBrow4, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to make sure, is this the Router that you are using?:

https://amplifi.com/alien

Do you have the option to test the laptop on a different Router or network?

We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in ASUS's web site and the proper Wireless driver version validated by them for your platform is 21.10.0.5, please try a clean installation of that driver and let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/HelpDesk_Download/

Also, if the problem persists, in the link below you will find the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings, there are some troubleshooting steps that we can try in order to try to fix this problem:

• Since the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card works with the 802.11ax protocol, please set the Wireless Mode to mode or 802.11ax only.
  • Test different channel bands, test bands 2.4GHZ only and then 5GHz only.
  • Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"
  • Disable Fast BSS Transition Roaming

Sometimes a firmware update of the Router is needed, in that case, please get in contact directly with the manufacturer of it to confirm if that option is available and install all the updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AChan203
Novice

Hey I have the exact same issues, and it has nothing to do with the hardware but 100% driver problem

Alberto_R_Intel

Hello HBrow4, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

AChan203, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello HBrow4, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos