Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 bluetooth randomly disconnect after using it for hours

Andy1022
Beginner

Hello all,

I just built a gaming PC with Gigabyte X570 I motherboard with intel AX200 WIFI and Bluetooth. I have all the drivers updated.  However, for the first few days, after I connected my wireless keyboard to the bluetooth for hours, it suddenly disconnected for seconds and the little bluetooth icon was disappeared as well. I think it's turned off. Then In a very short period of time the connection is back and then disconnect again and again and again..... Can't do anything with this intermittent disconnection.

I google it and find many people have the same issue with me. I try to restart the computer and it's back to normal. But after few hours the bluetooth doesn't work sustainably like I mentioned above.

I am so frustrated by the bluetooth. I appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Andy1022
Beginner

Attach the driver's file

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Andy1022, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Based on the information you gave us, if we understood correctly, this is what is called a "Wirelss Integration". The thing about this type of integration is that a lot of factors came into play, like drivers, board, PCIe card, antennas and features like Bluetooth.

In the following you wil find further details about the regulatory information in reference to the "Wireles Integration":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Based on that, did you check with Gigabyte to make sure the Intel® Wireelss card is fully compatble with their board?

Did you purchase the Intel® Wireless card as a kit with the brackets, PCIe card, antennas or you purchased all the parts separately?

If you purchased it as a kit, do you have a picture of the box or a link where we can check the parts that were included?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Andy1022
Beginner

Hello,

I contacted with Gigabyte and they say the wireless card is fully compatble with their board.

The AX200 card is intergrated in the board. I didn't buy it separately.

My windows version is 2004 (10.0.19041).

By the way, I notice after I awaken my computer from the sleep mode, the bluetooth will not work as wekll. Is there any way that I can keep the bluetooth on when the computer's in the sleep mode?

Thanks,
Andy

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Andy1022, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In reference to your question about how to keep the Bluetooth on when the computer's in the sleep mode, that is actually related to the type of computer that you are using and the power settings it has available.

In the search bar enter "Power", then select "Power and Sleep Settings" then choose "Additional Power Settings" then "Change Plan Settings" then choose "Change Advanced Power Settings", you should see a new Window, in there you can look for "Wireless Adapter Settings" and change it to the option that you prefer, if the problem remains, since the Intel® Wireless card came installed in the computer, you can always check with Gigabyte directly so they can provide further suggestions on this topic or with Microsoft directly since the power options are directly related to the Operating System:

https://support.microsoft.com/

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform, since the Intel® Wireless card came preinstalled in the system, the next thing to do will be to get in contact with Gigabyte directly to install the proper drivers for the system, according to their web site the latest Bluetooth driver for your system is version 2‎1.80.0.3:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Andy1022
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for the help. The problem remains unsloved.

I've purchased a USB bluetooth adapter on Amazon and hope It helps.

I will keep it updated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Andy1022, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Yes, you can always purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter and it should work with no problems, however, if the problem persists with the integrated Intel® Wireless card then at this point the issue could be related to hardware, so what we recommend is to get in contact directly with Gigabyte to verify the warranty options they have available for the unit.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Andy1022, I just wanted to check if you were able to properly use the new USB Bluetooth adapter and if you had the chance to contact Gigabyte support about their warranty options on the unit?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Andy1022, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos