Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AX200 device is missing

Douglas_I
Beginner

Hello there. Recently I bought ASUS PCE-AX58BT which uses AX200 as a Wi-Fi module. Once you plug it in it works fine until reboot. Then it's missing from connected devices entirely. It may randomly come back to life after a couple of reboots but that's rare. It works after taking it out then plugging it back but then stops after next reboot.

I'm running ASUS Prime X570-P with latest BIOS and Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.

I tried disabling fast boot in both Win10 and BIOS but that had zero effect. Reinstalling drivers didn't help either. I saw a post on some forum in which user said that through 'Install Legacy Hardware' option in device manager he managed to fix this deal breaking issue but I couldn't find any more info on that. Please, I need some help. This thing is quite expensive and I can't return it.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To me, this is sounding more like a BIOS bug than anything to do with the Windows environment. Check if Asus has released any BIOS updates since you purchased the board (or last updated it). If they have, update the BIOS and check this again. Otherwise, you may have to contact Asus about what is (or isn't) happening.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Douglas_I
Beginner

It's a common issue with AX200 encountered on motherboards from different manufacturers. In fact, you can find several similar posts just below mine. So I'm hoping that Intel has anything to say about that, at least reassure that it's a known issue and they're working on it.

0 Kudos
Douglas_I
Beginner

Update: I switched all PCIe x1 slots to Gen 3 in BIOS, installed 21.4 driver then allowed it to be updated via Windows Update. It survived 3 reboots already without disappearing. But it still behaves in a weird way. Sometimes it looks like it drops connection for several seconds without disconnecting from Wi-Fi itself. Also it finds new networks slower then it did before for some reason. 

0 Kudos
Douglas_I
Beginner

Another update: it disappeared once again.

What the hell Intel? Why are you silent about this issue?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Douglas_I, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Just to confirm, the wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Douglas_I, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Douglas_I, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos