Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

AX200 internal error

hb94
Beginner

Hello,

I am reopening the thread here as I did not have a chance to respond before it was closed: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-internal-error/m-p/1399697#M42520

Here are the updates:

Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

I have not found the issue to be specific to one network or another.

Is the issue only present on this device? Or does it affect other devices?

The issue is only present on this device.

Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?

My PC sits on a different floor from my router, so it is challenging to test a hardwired connection.

I would recommend you configure the correct settings for the 802.11ax connectivity. You can have this information in the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless.html

These settings were already configured as recommended by the article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like many other users, I am experiencing an issue with my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.  In this case it was installed by Lenovo on my Legion T5 desktop.  Since about 1 year ago, I experience occasional crashes, usually while gaming.  Since updating to Windows 11, I actually got a BSOD once, so I decided to finally do a bit of digging and see what's going on.  In the Event Viewer, I see 16 Errors leading up to the crash, 8 of which are related to the Wi-Fi card. 

"Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed."

"Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly."

Based on the recommended first steps in the thread linked here, I have included the information below. @Jean_Intel 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wi-Fi-6-AX200-160MHz-Has-encountered-an-internal-error-and-h...

Thanks in advance,

Henry

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

Wi-Fi only.

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

Pre-installed by Lenovo (OEM)

3- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

This has been ongoing for ~1 year, through many Windows updates and presumeably driver updates as well.  All drivers are up-to-date per Windows Device Manager.

4- Router / Access point model:

Google AC-1304

5- When the issue happens, is there any error message or error code under Windows* Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> right-click on Properties >> General tab?

"This device is working properly."

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hb94,

Thank you one more time for posting on the Intel️® communities. I appreciate the information you provided.

My recommendation this time will be to perform a clean installation of the new driver available, version 22.150.0. Please, follow the steps given below:

• Download and save the driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html)

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.

• Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.
  • Install the driver downloaded before
  • Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded, and select the option to Run as administrator.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hb94
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I will test this weekend and be in touch.

Thanks,
HB

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hb94,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hb94,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I would be waiting for your response. Let me know in case you need more time.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hb94,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hb94,

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos