Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7631 Discussions

AX200 no WiFi device in device manager

rfleming
Beginner

Hi All,

Following similar posts else where, I have been unable to resolve this unfortunately.

I have a custom built PC running windows 10 64bit. I recently purchased the Asus PCE-AX3000  that contains the AX200 on board. After plugging it onto my PCI-E slot, booting up my machine I was greeted with the hazard symbol in device manager for a single device, simply identifying the driver hasn't been found...yet. After connecting an external internet connection, the bluetooth driver was found and installed, though no wifi.

This unfortunate to me was the Bluetooth one, the wifi was the one I actually needed/wanted, bluetooth was just going to be a bonus.

Nevertheless, looking at device manager, there is only a single device, its like the wifi was never detected/existed?

I have followed a few other posts:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-bluetooth-is-missing-from-Windows-10/m-p/1242551

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wi-Fi-6-AX200-160MHz-can-t-be-detected-no-network/m-p/1299928/thread-id/36841

As other posts have had requests, attached is an Intel SSU dump. And below is the general appearance of device manager.

rfleming_0-1688382974222.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rfleming
Beginner

Another example of RTFM...

The WiFi connection is done through PCIe while bluetooth is over USB. Likely due to the speed requirements. Nevertheless, my specific motherboard disconnects the target PCIe slot (and only one left available...big graphics card) when an M2 SSD is connected to the 2nd slot. By moving the SSD from M2_2 to M2_1, this re-enabled the available PCIe slot and my WiFi came to life!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rfleming
Beginner

Another example of RTFM...

The WiFi connection is done through PCIe while bluetooth is over USB. Likely due to the speed requirements. Nevertheless, my specific motherboard disconnects the target PCIe slot (and only one left available...big graphics card) when an M2 SSD is connected to the 2nd slot. By moving the SSD from M2_2 to M2_1, this re-enabled the available PCIe slot and my WiFi came to life!

0 Kudos