Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AX200 over USB only

ericmeehan
Beginner

I am designing a circuit board using the Raspberry Pi Compute Module, and would like to provide WiFi to the system using the Intel AX200.  The Compute Module has no PCIe interface, so I am limited to using WiFi.  Does the AX200 send WiFi over PCIe and Bluetooth over USB (or vice versa), or do both protocols utilize both interfaces?

If I use the AX200's USB interface alone, what should be done with the unused pins?  I assume that all of the 3.3v and GND pins should be connected, but what about the others?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ericmeehan, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

As you are planning to develop your own circuit board, we recommend you to check with the Intel Resource & Design Center (RDC): 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html 

There you will find technical Resources for Customers, Designers, Engineers, and Developers. Also, you are going to have access to personalized content, leverage Intel's design, and training tools, and you may find solutions for your project/design. 

Please keep in mind that you have to do the registration process to create the account on the RDC:  

1. User completes and submits the Basic Registration Form 

2. Click “Submit” to complete the registration 

Note: Clicking 'Submit' confirms your acceptance of the Intel Terms of Use and understanding of the Intel Privacy Policy

3. On the automated email notification received from wsm-postmaster@intel.com, click on the link to verify the registration request. The user is granted immediate access to the RDC site. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello ericmeehan, 

I hope the previous information was useful to you.

As recommended, you should check with the RDC team for more help on your design.

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos