Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AX200 unstable WiFi connection.

ASeid2
Beginner

Hi,

AX200 is able to connect to WiFi Router (AVM Fritz.Box 7490) and goes down regularly (every 5 to 10 minutes) and do not reconnect to Wifi automatically. Notebook has to be reboot often to connect to Wifi again (not in every case).

Other WiFi connector (USB stick) works fine using the same notebook. Other equipment works fine using the same WiFi Router.

AX200 Driver has been reinstalled several times, using documentation from this website.

Lenovo support, WiFi Router support has been contacted and cant solve this problem, unfortunately.

Driver Version: 21.60.2.1

Lenovo C940

Find the SSU protocoll attached to this issue.

Many thanx for your investigation and your support!

Best regards,

Adrien

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ASeid2
Beginner

Please note: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29264/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=189347 includes the wifi driver and will upgrade to 21.60.2.1. My wifi problems with 21.60.2.1 would be back on stage!! So I decided to do not follow your advice at the moment. stable wifi is more important to me at this point. Thank you for your comprehension.

Best regards,

Adrien

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ASeid2, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing the screenshots and all the troubleshooting steps taken.

At this point, as you mentioned, it will be better to keep using driver version 21.50.1.1 provided by Lenovo and keep checking our web site for a new Intel® Wireless driver release that will be available anytime soon. Once it becomes available please install it, test it and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

ASeid2
Beginner

Dear Alberto,

I did a stress test last night. Whilst it is always hazardous to count one's chickens before they are hatched, but the wifi connection have not been disconnected for hours! 😅

Keep your fingers crossed!

Best regards & a thousand thanks for all your support again!

Best regards,

Adrien

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi ASeid2, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that so far after doing the stress test there are no more issues with the Wireless connection. Could you please provide a more detailed description of the stress test done? Which application did you use?

This is because there are some peers having the same scenario and that information will be really useful and helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CSinc4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R.

ASeid2
Beginner

Dear Alberto,

I did not use a special application to do this. I did some typical actions, where the connection get lost before:

... did a Backup (copy of files) of my NAS to USB equipment (about 300GB, took 3 to 4 hours)

... did some video streaming

Best regards,

Adrien

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello ASeid2, Thank you very much for your response and for providing those results, that information will be very important for all the peers looking at this thread.

Please keep checking our official web site for the new Intel® Wireless driver release, it should be available anytime soon for you to test it and then confirm if it fixes the issue of unstable Wi-Fi connection.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

MPeik
Beginner

I can confirm the problems with AX200 and AVM 7490.

this on off thing disturbs whole network at home.

im on 7.12 too since first day and every 10 minutes "bing bing" on off .. horrible

i think of replacing my ax200 nmve module to another one but assume that ax201 is same behaviour?

0 Kudos
avrosen
Beginner

Confirm the same. AX200 and AVM 7590 on ver7.12. Originally the connection was dropped every 10min.

After upgrading the driver to ver 21.80.2.1 the overall system became much more stable, however approx 4-5 times a day the connection was dropped again.

I know changed the "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode " setting of the driver to "n" only and so far it's stable. Not an ideal solution to manually limit the bandwidth and speed but better than all the time loosing connectivity in the middle of video conferences.

0 Kudos