Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AX200 weird connection behavior

SteveShin
Beginner

Hi, my first language is not English so I hope I deliver my problem clearly.

Currently my setup is Xiaomi redmi AX6 router and ax200(Gig+) wireless adapter. My motherboard(Asus b450-I) had a RTL8822BE wireless adapter card but I decided to swap it out since my router supports wifi6.

The problem is that the download speed is severely crippled and the connectivity seems very choppy. I am connected with ax protocol and signal strength is good enough. Even simple web browsing is hard to do while upload speed from benchmarks are around 350~400mbps and download fluctuating around 5~40 each run (my IPS service is 500mbps upload&download)

I first thought that it had to do with signal interference and tried to eliminate other wireless devices around my desktop which did nothing. Next I tried benchmarks right next to the router, same. I tried multiple versions of ax200 drivers with clean install each time, clean install Windows also did nothing.

I'm not an expert on wireless connection so I figured getting help here is necessary. I'm not sure what kind of info is needed so I will attach information shown on WifiConnectionInfo and WifiInfoView

Thank you for your help and let me know if additional info is needed.

PS. I updated the router firmware, the motherboard bios, physically reinstall the adapter card, tried different antenna, change power management options on windows, change 5G channel and bandwith which didnt help at all

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello SteveShin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Also, can you please confirm if you verified the compatibility of the wireless card with the motherboard and other components?

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello @SteveShin

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 
Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello @SteveShin

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 
Maria R.  

0 Kudos