Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7460 Discussions

AX201 Connects to network but no internet

Buff_My_WRX
Beginner
Been having an issue for a few days where on my home network my laptop and an all in one device will connect to the network itself but not the internet. I've tried multiple fixes including network reset, dns reset, winsock reset, etc. and no change. Drivers are the most recent from the support assistant. Most recent windows 10 updates. Please help
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Buff_My_WRX,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your internet connection.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is your system model?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Do other devices work as expected?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Buff_My_WRX
Beginner
To answer your questions
1. It's the MSI GE75 Raider 10SE-482, all in one is a dell xps 1810
2. I think I had a windows update a day or two before this started. Have installed all updates both windows and Intel drivers since.
3. Oddly enough it connects to other networks with no issues, even ethernet on the same network
4. Every other device in the house is working like normal
5. It's the original adapter

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Buff_My_WRX,

Thanks for your reply.

For this issue, I would like to recommend you perform a clean installation for the latest Intel wireless driver. Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. However, you should be considered that your systems have different wireless adapters, your MSI GE75 Raider 10SE-482 has its AX201, meanwhile, the all-in-one Dell XPS 1810 possesses the Intel Wireless-N 7260.

• For the Intel® Wireless-N 7260, you should install driver 21.10.1. You must consider that it is at the “End of Life” product state, and its driver may contain security vulnerabilities. Intel does not intend to offer updates to mitigate any security vulnerability in this Software, whether currently known or discovered in the future.
  • For the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) you should perform the clean installation of the driver 22.170.0.3.

Also, since you mentioned that they connect to other networks with no issues, it may indicate that there is a misconfiguration within your home network. It would be ideal if you contact with your Internet Service Provider for support.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Buff_My_WRX,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Buff_My_WRX
Beginner
Unfortunately no change after the clean install, been in contact with my isp and may have found a fix finally
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Buff_My_WRX.

I am glad to hear that the issue seems to be solved. I will keep this thread open, so you can have time to confirm if the issue is solved. Let me know if you face any issues.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Buff_My_WRX
Beginner
Finally got everything back up and working again, turns out it was on the isp side. Just took getting to someone that was actually willing to help
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Buff_My_WRX,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos